one new model to be updated each week
Pierkemimi

Re: 30c Faun 8-Wheeled Crane

Post by Pierkemimi »

red hook twin ropes :

DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Very interesting - but do you think it’s original? The hooks are easily swapped on these.
motorman

Post by motorman »

DrJeep wrote:Very interesting - but do you think it’s original? The hooks are easily swapped on these.
The most likely explanation.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Pierkemimi

Post by Pierkemimi »

Look's geniune to me. Also found variation off christian falkensteiner variation nr 12.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

If two or more exist and from different sources it is feasable Lesney used a hook already 'Currently in Use' as part of a standardisation program, or the example shown by ''pierkemimi'' could be late enough in it's production period so they could just be borrowing another hook design to complete the batch before the model is deleted from the range.

Ghosthunter.
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

DrJeep wrote:Very interesting - but do you think it’s original? The hooks are easily swapped on these.
Pierkemimi wrote:Look's geniune to me. Also found variation off christian falkensteiner variation nr 12.
Hi Glenn and Kurt,

I think we need to be careful with suggesting the swappable components are added to the variation table.
While I am aware that Christian has the two rope hook listed in his variation table he has also said that he has created variations by swapping hooks which he mentions here

Quote” I still do not have a turquoise crane, but I now have three examples without the base brace in my collection (which I unscrupulously fitted with three different hooks to create different variations ), and in addition had another one to spare a while ago, so in my view the turquoise variation is much harder to get. However, this may just be the case because it is more obvious, hence better known and more popular, which results in its asking prices always being too high for me.” End quote CF

Christian also explains more about the hooks intended for the 30c at the end of his variation document and the two rope does not get a mention apart from where it appeared on other models.

In going back over all my archive of photos from collectors who hunted for sealed mint models in blister packs and gift sets I have never seen a two rope version factory fitted to the 30c crane.

Interestingly this is only about the 5th time I have seen a twin rope red hook fitted the wrong way round (on other models), good for lifting vertically only, not much good for trying to tow another 30c. :)

Bert
Pierkemimi

Post by Pierkemimi »

One ; I never swaps hooks.
Two : How many people know as much as us that other hooks from other models can be placed on other models.
The models came from on old guy, that know matchbox but that's all.
If the intention was to replace the hook, why place the hook on the wrong way. A true collector would place the hook in the correct way.
Also the connection to the hook is fragile, also if you have replaced the hook there is a little space to jungle it.it won't be fixed.
On the box off the 8 wheel crane you Always see the double robes.

Who cannot say that the hook isn't in the box when the models where completed.

Not that i'm saying that it's a fake but why i'm surching over 15 years for one if they wouldn't be made.
Since we started this topic how many new variations where revealed because people who are true collectors did the effort to help here.
Concerning double robes wasn't mentioned here. Fakers didn't it because they don't know off this variation.
Only fakers try here to make the turqouise model. I posted only two days the base off the models because they haven't got many time to see i

Each his say, but this is my favorite model. Have spend a lot off time in it. Regulary searching for new variations whitout swapping anything.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

ignoring the hook for the moment, which variation is this example?
Pierkemimi

Post by Pierkemimi »

Idris wrote:ignoring the hook for the moment, which variation is this example?
If I follow the list mentioned in this topic number 12. (or 13 if you ignore the color off the hook)
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

Pierkemimi wrote:One ; I never swaps hooks.
Hello Kurt,

My apologies if you felt my post was suggesting you swapped hooks. I would not and did not suggest this.

My post was to make reference that if Christian’s list is being used that you may not be aware he has said he created some red two rope variations.

As you will have also noted I too am a fan of this model as my contributions has shown just as you have and I value your contributions and have done for many years.

Bert