Ebay VBD trusted sellers

Anything eBay, Tell us your story, win lose or warn!
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Ebay VBD trusted sellers

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

This is one of the problems we face, do we openly reveal the differences between a genuine and faked item. The reason why I did not comment on the diferences between the Climat labels, not wanting to give valuable evidence to the fraudsters out there.

Ghosthunter.
ogedei2

Post by ogedei2 »

Just to play devils advocate, is the sticker on the model real ? or another copy by someone else ? and no I'm not saying it is or isn't real as I don't know.

If it is the real thing then I don't see any reason for it not to be discussed how to tell the fake from the real, not now theres a picture of the both together.
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

I was following the Facebook thread on this and think that the models he is selling are real as he got them from a very well known German collector who has large pockets and I’ve dealt with him for years and never had a problem, if anyone had/has a large collection of these to pass on/sell then it would be the German fella.
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

The problem here is one we have run into before as some "Experts" were calling genuine Factory Research and Development sourced Lesney Superfast models "Fake". I have NO knowledge concerning these particular Climat labels, but if Tim is familiar with the source of these models as being a very credible one, they should be considered legit. Tim has been a good source of diecast models for many Forum members like myself and other collectors for years now, so his honesty and expert opinions are tops in my book.
My opinion on a public discussion of fakes and fakery can go either way, sometimes depending on what market value the model in question may have. I do not want to educate fakers lurking on our Forum, so I am always available by PM to give free opinions on any Regular Wheel topic or questions about particular models anyone may seek advice on. If we can all help each other in this hobby, perhaps fakers will not find any profit, and move away from ruining our diecast Toy collecting joys.....Cheers! Kwakers
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

kwakers wrote:The problem here is one we have run into before as some "Experts" were calling genuine Factory Research and Development sourced Lesney Superfast models "Fake".
This is why it is so important that no allegations are made without presentation of the supporting evidence.
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Thanks Dick and spot on Huge, hence the reason I never made any comments on the Facebook post, maybe I should have but didn’t want to get involved in a slagging match.
shockwavediecast

Post by shockwavediecast »

Oh Sh*t, what have I started!!! Sorry, I hadn't realised This was being discussed to such length
Give me a moment to catch up
shockwavediecast

OK. At the time I posted, Raj Mal (who is VTATDML) was accused of selling Fake Climat models, and refused to put up any proof other than his 'word' . He was removed from the facebook group. The models in question are a Ford Thunderbird which NOW may or may not be a trial piece (of code 3 models??? is there such a thing) and a Renault 5 with different side tampo's to the known examples. And so it was assumed the others were all the same. This all 'coincided' with some fake labels being sold (in germany i think) And dragged Andreas Mohr into the fray. Charlie Mack at firdst claimed them to be wrong, then he retracted and said they might be possibly real, then he quit the group.

Since it was me who recommended VTATDML in the first place I thought in was only right to ask he be removed until the matter is sorted one way or the other. Sorry I didn't make things clearer before.
shockwavediecast

On happier note. Can I add one for misterpop, and one for Stlukeshospice.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

shockwavediecast wrote:On happier note. Can I add one for misterpop, and one for Stlukeshospice.
I can vouch for both of those sellers as being a good reliable source of collectors items. Ian (''misterpop''), will be pleased!

Ghosthunter.