Ghosthunter collects these...

Post photographs of your collection here!
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Ghosthunter collects these...

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

These are nice...
12 Pewter finish Rolls-Royce models.jpg
12 Pewter finish Rolls-Royce models.jpg (38.26 KiB) Viewed 7840 times
A set of 12 models made of diecast but then treated to look like Pewter. All Rolls-Royce, in 1/43rd scale and marketed as a subscription set where you got One model on a Monthly basis. Each model was £39.95.

Here is a page from my Rolls-Royce magazine detailing the models and the real cars they were based on.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Some of my Corgi collection.
Some Corgi Corniche versions together.JPG
Some Corgi Corniche versions together.JPG (25.39 KiB) Viewed 7781 times
Model number 279, 1/36th scale Rolls-Royce Corniche.

This model was introduced in July 1979 in a glorious metallic Red, but before it was recoloured to Cream in 1981, the model's description on the base had changed, as detailed below.
279 Corniche 1st baseplate.jpg
279 Corniche 1st baseplate.jpg (26.7 KiB) Viewed 7781 times
from this...
279 Corniche baseplate designs.jpg
279 Corniche baseplate designs.jpg (28.18 KiB) Viewed 7781 times
...to this.

Ghosthunter.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The above image has been posted here as a test for a new image hosting site to replace my 'Photobucket' account which is causing my laptops to get hot, run slow and in the case of a Macbook Pro, lock up!

I wanted to find an image hosting site that was easy to use and the one I have found (among several), is about the easiest there is. I have used it with most of the default settings available which as you can see has allowed a decent sized picture (I had reduced it on my laptop first as usual), and if you click on the image it takes you to the hosting site where the picture is and allows you to read extra comments about the picture (if they have been added by myself or A.N. Other).

I will leave this posting here for a while and will answer any questions about the model, the picture or the hosting site.

Ghosthunter.
daz28

Post by daz28 »

Nice collection Ghosty :)
I was wondering if you have one of these? http://www.ioffer.com/i/matchbox-yester ... -140209149
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Daz. Thank's for the collection compliment.

Regards the Armoured car 'pre-pro', this particular example has been for sale for a number of Years and I do not understand the description of 'Y-7' on the base. At no time in this model's development was it based on the known Y-7 1912 Rolls-Royce in production from 1968 to 1983, there was no need for it to based on any previous or current Rolls-Royce model in the range, it was to be a brand new casting from new tooling. I have seen a picture of the baseplate and I have had trouble finding the 'Y-7' number, so this is all rather strange and there must be good reason why this model does not sell!

In answer to your question then...no, I do not have one of those, only full production models of the Armoured car... :D

Ghosthunter.
ritchie

Post by ritchie »

Image from current ebay #380763540953 on the 'Y-7' base

Ritchie
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank's Ritchie, I had not seen that picture, much clearer. It does now beg the question as to whether this was going to be the new model in the range to carry the Y-7 catalogue number!

Ghosthunter.
motorkid

Post by motorkid »

I really like the pewter Rolles Royce models that you showed above.they look EPIC 8-)
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank you Dylan, single models can now be bought on ebay, but quite often with some damage as they are rather fragile and repairs are difficult, but if the model is cheap you don't mind the odd bit of damage.

Ghosthunter.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Some models currently in my collection.
DSC1200.JPG
DSC1200.JPG (47.81 KiB) Viewed 7472 times
Many of you will have seen these little c1/77th scale models as 'Readers Digest' models, but they have been made and marketed by many wholesale/distribution companies.
DSC05744 (2).JPG
DSC05744 (2).JPG (73.45 KiB) Viewed 7472 times
Many different makes included in this collection.

Ghosthunter.