Edit your pictures.

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
motorman

Re: Edit your pictures.

Post by motorman »

Thanks Rodger for this detailed instruction guide for MAC users, appreciated! :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Clicking on the bigger picture removes the scroll bars.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
daz28

Post by daz28 »

The forum should have a setting that restricts the size of the photos to the forum. so oversized photo don't go off screen. ( if any one goes looking for it and you see one that says "open links in a new window" can you tick that one as well please :roll: ).
also Postimage can be added to the forum http://postimage.org/mod.php (by admin)
simple uploads straight to the post with out an account. It can be use without embedding it to the forum but if the poster dosn't use thumbnails the board settings will allow the photo at full size.
http://postimage.org/

problem with photobucket is the ads and other pages that popup. good for storing your pics but a pain in the backside to use.
and resizing photos to fit the forum doesn't allow high quality images for better viewing. ;)
Squid

Post by Squid »

daz28 wrote:The forum should have a setting that restricts the size of the photos to the forum. so oversized photo don't go off screen.
I agree, but for a different reason...if your Internet connection is slow, waiting for large photos to load can be aggravating. They can also be a pain on mobile devices.

I always resize my photos in MS Paint, so that the larger dimension is 800 pixels.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Squid wrote: I always resize my photos in MS Paint, so that the larger dimension is 800 pixels.
Yes, I also use paint as well, very quick and easy to use. Just right click image and choose 'open with paint', then click 'resize', and then I choose to resize by pixels, job is done in matter of seconds.
GHOSTHUNTER

Photobucket pictures.

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Most of us here are now aware of the issues with the FREE Photobucket account with blocked images on forums etc. The image below is what we all see.
This is everywhere!!.JPG
This is everywhere!!.JPG (23.27 KiB) Viewed 14539 times
The problem we now have is how to get those images back, not an easy task but there is something we can do or at least try.

You need to log into your own 'PB' account, go to your library and look for the same image above. Once you find it you should move across to the right and find the 'DOWNLOAD' button, wording or icon, highlighted in RED in my image below.
Click on it and a smaller window will open with options allowing you to save it or open it (save the image to a file/folder or open the image with one of the picture programs you have on your computer).

You should make sure you choose the 'SAVE' option, but you need to decide where the image will be saved. On my laptop they go into my 'DOWNLOADS' folder.

During this stage you will see the benefit of having all your images correctly titled because this will allow you to find the missing image from Photobucket easily (or easier!).

What the above is doing, is puting your pictures back onto your computer.

I have tried this method myself and it worked.

A few pointers:
1, Before starting you might like to create a new folder on your desktop with a nice easy name to remember. Use this folder for all the 'Blocked' images to be downloaded into from your Photobucket account.
2, Don't attempt to have any connection with the forum while you do this, it will be too much too handle unless you are computer savvy!
3, There are a lot of members with huge amounts of images stored on Photobucket and using the method described will take forever, but I have not investigated my account screen to see if there is a 'Bulk Download' option, if there is this will be a bonus.
4, ipad and smartphone users may encounter unforeseen issues or problems. I am unable to give assistance for those devices, Sorry!

Ghosthunter.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I had a good look around within my account for 'Bulk Downloading' but so far have not found that option, so at the moment we are stuck with single picture downloads back to your computer, so give yourself a spare Hour at your computer to do some downloading!

It might also be worthwhile noting down what you have done so you don't double-up on any images.

Ghosthunter.
red-thumb

Photo lighting show colours.?

Post by red-thumb »

G.day to all.

I have seen photos in this forum of collections and the pictures show very distinct colour variations especially 33a Zodiac.!!!
Can some one shed some light :D on this subject for me please.

I took this photo but as you can see the Blue 46a Morris Minor is not as bright as I have seen.

Cheers
Upside down Red.
Attachments
P1020201 - Copy (2).JPG
P1020201 - Copy (2).JPG (170.17 KiB) Viewed 14472 times
Squid

Re: Photo lighting show colours.?

Post by Squid »

Many Lesney models can vary in shade. Yellows seem especially variable. I'm not sure why that is...my best guess is that, in those days before computers, paint was a lot more likely to have some variance between lots. It's also possible that the paint came from different suppliers. Or maybe Lesney painted batches of models at one time, and a residual amount of paint from previous batches carried over.

When shooting photos, I have heard that shooting outdoors in direct sunlight gives the most accurate representation of shade. I haven't yet had the wherewithal to try that. When I want to photograph my collection, I wait for a sunny day, open the blinds, and place the subject on a piece of white poster-board in front of the window. One day I might upgrade to a plain white bucket with a hole cut in it and a lamp with a natural-looking bulb over the top.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Photo lighting show colours.?

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Trying to represent colour shades with todays electronic equipment is difficult at best. Most of us here do not have access to professional photographic equipment and even if we did, the results are lost on the computer screens, tablets and smartphones many forum members use to view the forum.

If every member was forced to use the same camera, the same picture editing software and the same computer to see the results, we might be in a position to control what we see and how we define the colours and shades of them.

Using the technique decribed by ''Squid'' is fine and is clearly working for him, but direct Sunlight will produce pictures with too much 'Contrast' I.E. the colours will be too bright, too rich and too vivid so not very representative of the models in the picture!

Natural daylight is the best light available if you do not have home floodlights with the only real problem being shadows, so having a white A4 card standing near but just off camera to redirect the light back onto the model is ideal.

If using indoor lights (indoors!), the modern digital camera will require adjustment to balance the type of light going through the lens so the pictures do not come out all Greeny-Blue!!

If you have proper photographic floodlights they should be balanced already for producing the correct type of light so the camera does not require adjustment.

Tablets and smartphones are a whole new ballgame regards using them for taking pictures of models. They are convenient but very limited for the enthusiastic model photographer and offer very little in the way of adjustment of those little technical things we like on proper cameras... :D

Ghosthunter.