Ebay VBD trusted sellers

Anything eBay, Tell us your story, win lose or warn!
Idris
Site Admin

Re: Ebay VBD trusted sellers

Post by Idris »

leonty24 wrote:I think that Steve from Shockwavetrading needs to clarify what he was refering to
I have not accused VTATDML of any wrong doing but only posted what to me and
Superfast was what Shockwavetrading had been refering to.
Fair enough
leonty24

Post by leonty24 »

Agreed
AJR

Post by AJR »

Looking at a certain model for sale on eBay from VTATDML ... MINT and UNBOXED, yet he is selling another VNM and BOXED. Why not put the mint one with the box and sell the VNM one without the box? Looking at his past sales, the same models (not THE same obviously) have sold before. So where are all these mint models coming from? I'm confused if not a little wary.
mmi

Post by mmi »

AJR wrote:Looking at a certain model for sale on eBay from VTATDML ... MINT and UNBOXED, yet he is selling another VNM and BOXED. Why not put the mint one with the box and sell the VNM one without the box? Looking at his past sales, the same models (not THE same obviously) have sold before. So where are all these mint models coming from? I'm confused if not a little wary.
I have not looked at the items,so have no idea of the answer.
I am leery of anything questionable and get advice or more info
(ebay needs to be returned to the community as designed, not the bean counters)
but in general epay lets/helps insider sellers pump up bids and sell to their other self (same item sells 5-6 x until naive whale is hooked)
that is why feedback and ALL other forms of rating/checking seller and the communication allowed is pure BS
also why I will not sell thru them,when I had a store I had absolutely identical items and would get 0 bids.even starting below cost.
the select group 99.99% of their items would sell EVERY time for 110% + of list $$
try to look at every matchbox item and make notes you cant they block it because there are not 140K unique items
AJR

Post by AJR »

when I had a store I had absolutely identical items and would get 0 bids.even starting below cost.
the select group 99.99% of their items would sell EVERY time for 110% + of list

I've noticed that. Certain sellers get mega ££ for the same item being sold by Joe Bloggs at lower price point and no bids. It stinks.
mmi

Post by mmi »

AJR wrote:
when I had a store I had absolutely identical items and would get 0 bids.even starting below cost.
the select group 99.99% of their items would sell EVERY time for 110% + of list

I've noticed that. Certain sellers get mega ££ for the same item being sold by Joe Bloggs at lower price point and no bids. It stinks.
if you can track them, save photos and see if same/relist in 6 weeks,sellers have told, but no written proof how ?
as said above
Rob

Post by Rob »

High volume sellers tend to reuse stock photos instead of retaking photos of the exact model offered.
mmi

Post by mmi »

Rob wrote:High volume sellers tend to reuse stock photos instead of retaking photos of the exact model offered.
that may be used as a viable lazy excuse for "actual" high volume sellers,of identical "new" items
in reference to MB and general "used" old items it would be relevant to have actual photos on $$$ items ,
and in many of the instances discussed,tracking the photo shows the battle scars consistent with what the 5 th 6 th buyer (whale) received.
and asking for such should be a non issue for sellers
Had to turn down a large piece of equipment after 6 requests ,seller refused good detailed/close up photos and vin #,s
3x provided same poor stock photos

case point this vehicle has sold several times...sure they claim buyer did not pay...lets see the proof of prosecution

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Dodge-Ram ... 1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Dodge-Ram ... SwMGVaVfWg
SuperFast

Post by SuperFast »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:
SuperFast wrote:Do you mean the Climat labeled models?
SF
Sven (''SuperFast'') mentioned and questioned the Climat models, but did not get a qualifying answer. I think this is how the Climat models have become involved.

Ghosthunter.
Thanks Ghosty for helping me, I've asked because I wanted to know why should he loose the trusted seller status? At this time there were several Climat labeled models in his shop. Therefore my question regarding those models. Now he has 10 different models with Climat-labels in his shop, all are looking good. He is also explaining the difference between fakes and genuine labels.
But I wont buy the Climat labeled versions. Anyway, I've bought often from him and have had never problems.
Regards
Sven (SF)
Infected by Superfast
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Here is one listing where the labels are compared, with an explanation of the differences further down the listing, which are quite obvious in photo 2.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matchbox-Sup ... SwUmZahxHV

I don't know if it's permissible, but it would be useful to capture this info for future reference.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels