"Ghosty" adds NON Rolls-Royce models to his collection!!!

A place to show your latest finds
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: "Ghosty" adds NON Rolls-Royce models to his collection!!

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank you Linus, I have looked at whole pages of that crane on ebay and all have the brace. My example was hiding in a small job lot of Three playworn models then hidden behind a generic title of Lesney cars or something like that, but fortunately a picture of all the undersides had been included and as soon as I saw it my Heart started racing, I kept watching it until the last Hour and then had a bid and no one else took part, all to my benefit.

I will keep on looking for another one that could be in better condition and probably pass this one on to a forum member.

Thank you for the birthday wishes, I really appreciate that.

Ghosthunter.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

This arrived this afternoon...
Airfix 1910 'B' type Bus..JPG
Airfix 1910 'B' type Bus..JPG (64.18 KiB) Viewed 4846 times
Lovely old kit by Airfix and from forum member Ian (''misterpop''). He had it priced at £11 but I offered a cheaky staggeringly low price of just £10, which he accepted, thank's again Ian.

Ghosthunter.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Another member here must have heard me crying my Eyes out over the fact I did not have the Corgi Holmes Wrecker Truck...see more here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6339#p71031 and he must have felt sorry for me because he sourced one for me at £20 and posted it to me from Germany.

This is now all mine... :D

Again, big thank you to Gary (''CLOwY'') and not only that, he found Four 1-75 series Rolls-Royce models and packed them in with the Truck, but did not charge me for them!!

We clearly have some big Hearted members here, but some are also very naughty, aren't they Gary...!

Ghosty.
Malibu

Post by Malibu »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Another member here must have heard me crying my Eyes out over the fact I did not have the Corgi Holmes Wrecker Truck...see more here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6339#p71031 and he must have felt sorry for me because he sourced one for me at £20 and posted it to me from Germany.

This is now all mine... :D

Again, big thank you to Gary (''CLOwY'') and not only that, he found Four 1-75 series Rolls-Royce models and packed them in with the Truck, but did not charge me for them!!

We clearly have some big Hearted members here, but some are also very naughty, aren't they Gary...!

Ghosty.
Hi Kevin,

congratulation to this great model but what about your Cousin?
Does he still have his?

And please don´t forget to post a picture of your four new Rolls Royce models here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2247&p=70895&hilit ... dds#p70895

Stephan
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank you Stephan.

No, my Cousin was rather destructive and did not look after his (or his Sister's toys!), so I rather think it does not survive... :(

I will post those Four models as soon as I get them back out of their boxes and pictured.

Ghosthunter.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

This just in...

I don't generally collect from the Models of Yesteryear range, just whatever takes my fancy, which when looking at what I've got so far seems to be everything!! however, this model is a bit out of the ordinary.

During 1988, the last batches of models had the ENGLAND removed from the base and replaced by MACAU, making these a little bit harder to find. Notable details are the White wall tyres, the White banding is only applied to the outboard side of the tyres (2nd picture down), not the inboard side and the large axle-ends are quite flat.

Ghosthunter.
Ergomatic

Post by Ergomatic »

Congrats Kevin, this wrecker is beautiful!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Ergomatic wrote:Congrats Kevin, this wrecker is beautiful!
Thank you Peter, it was a fabulous model when Corgi first introduced it. Tons of playability ensured this was a very popular model, just a bit on the expensive side at around 25/- in 1967!

Ghosthunter.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Very pleased to secure this for my non Rolls-Royce collection. A very early production Y-1 Jaguar in Cream with the small lights on the front wings. These lights were made bigger very soon during production of this model in 1977. This makes this version quite hard to find and it often commands a premium price.

The small front wing lights.

Ghosthunter.
ClOwY

Post by ClOwY »

Well done , still looking for one, also has the small sump rivet hole.
Gary