#4 Triumph & Sidecar in Metallic Gold

Is it genuine or is it fake?
motorman

Re: #4 Triumph & Sidecar in Metallic Gold

Post by motorman »

Idris wrote:Oh dear! Eric seems to have stopped visiting the Forum.
Was it something we said? :D
No loss to us!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Eric, when you have time to reply, perhaps you could also let us know why you find it necessary to rename your accounts (e.g. "egjeric" becoming "edward3co" becoming "lesney12345")?
fixer

Post by fixer »

'coz they are dirty
reg
Eric

Post by Eric »

Hi,
What is the question and what is it about?
I did not follow the topic, I only saw my name being mentioned.
Please let me know.
Thanks.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Seriously?
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Eric wrote:Hi,
What is the question and what is it about?
I did not follow the topic, I only saw my name being mentioned.
Please let me know.
Thanks.
Eric, you know, I know, and everyone reading this knows that the above is simply not true.
If your memory is so poor (which I seriously doubt), I suggest you refresh it by re-reading the whole of this topic.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Interesting to note that Eric is now in denial about his involvement with this model (in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary!).
johnnijhuis

Post by johnnijhuis »

The trick is that there's a collector living around Barendrecht in Holland, using different names etc. etc. which is known as a first class crook. We tried to sue him several times about his fakes on the Dutch Ebay called Marktplaats. He's offering many, many hard to find variations made by himself. Why can't we do anything? He's not advertising the models as hard to find but he's only advertsing by showing a picture!!!! And if you complain about it he tells you that you have received what is on the picture and he will also tell you he never advertised it as a hard to find variation. That's why police etc. can't do anything. He is an engineer working for dentists in Holland so he knows how to do fine metallic jobs. Don't forget the golden rule; Íf the price is to good to be true in most cases that's what you get!!!! We have the biggest toy show in the world in Holland (1500 tables, 5000 visitors...). So apparently that's a good market to sell. Of all hard to get variations about 65% is fake which I have seen over the last 2 years. Before you buy look on this site on the variations or on my catalog. I have pictures of all know variations of regular wheels on site. Look at your phone before buying and check it. Don't get blind. There are no free lunches in life! And otherwise come and see me in Houten. I am always there with a table.
John Nijhuis
www.mbxforum.com
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

johnnijhuis wrote:The trick is that there's a collector living around Barendrecht in Holland, using different names etc. etc. which is known as a first class crook. We tried to sue him several times about his fakes on the Dutch Ebay called Marktplaats. He's offering many, many hard to find variations made by himself. Why can't we do anything? He's not advertising the models as hard to find but he's only advertsing by showing a picture!!!! And if you complain about it he tells you that you have received what is on the picture and he will also tell you he never advertised it as a hard to find variation. That's why police etc. can't do anything. He is an engineer working for dentists in Holland so he knows how to do fine metallic jobs. Don't forget the golden rule; Íf the price is to good to be true in most cases that's what you get!!!!
All very, very true unfortunately.
For less experienced collectors, all I can add is DO NOT buy anything from Barendrecht in The Netherlands online.
Maestro

Post by Maestro »

Idris, he's not only selling from Barendrecht on Marktplaats!
Over the last 1 or 1½ year I have noticed (and taken note of!) at least 11 aliases he uses on Marktplaats, each of them 'living' in another town in The Netherlands.
The postal code and house number on the package however and not surprisingly refers directly to his address in Barendrecht.

And yes, obviously I also once stepped in the censored four letter word he leaves behind.

Maarten
Last edited by Maestro on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"These may be toys, but this ain't child's play"