Re: MOTORMANS FINDS

Post by motorman »

Thanks Hugh, you're the best!!!! :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Hello Matchboom, yes, I am happy with the account of the history of the ladders as I mention them in my post and as depicted by a senior member of staff at Lesney in the 'Forty Years' book about colour change and 'End-Pip' size and from my own collection of 'Yesteryear' Y-6 Rolls-Royce 'Fire Engines', I have recorded 8 types of ladder fitted to the Rolls-Royce, none of then coming from the Merryweather model and I only mentioned significant dates for these in my earlier posts.

Your single model with the smooth ladder looks great and on my laptop the ladder looks to be in a Red colour, a known 'Pre-Pro' ladder colour.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Look closely at smooth ladders in odd colours to see if any expert scalpel work has been carried out to remove pips! Easy to make plastic parts smaller when faking..........
motorman

Post by motorman »

SMS88 wrote:
GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Hello Matchboom, yes, I am happy with the account of the history of the ladders as I mention them in my post and as depicted by a senior member of staff at Lesney in the 'Forty Years' book about colour change and 'End-Pip' size and from my own collection of 'Yesteryear' Y-6 Rolls-Royce 'Fire Engines', I have recorded 8 types of ladder fitted to the Rolls-Royce, none of then coming from the Merryweather model and I only mentioned significant dates for these in my earlier posts.

Your single model with the smooth ladder looks great and on my laptop the ladder looks to be in a Red colour, a known 'Pre-Pro' ladder colour.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Look closely at smooth ladders in odd colours to see if any expert scalpel work has been carried out to remove pips! Easy to make plastic parts smaller when faking..........
Good point.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank's Hugh for moving these comments and replies.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

motorman wrote:Thanks Hugh, you're the best!!!! :D
I know (but it's nice to have in independently verified by a third party every now and then). :D