Edit your pictures.

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
motorman

Re: Edit your pictures.

Post by motorman »

Great tutorial Kevin. Paint is pretty easy to master. If i can anyone can!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thanks Alex, I hope members do point out any problems in the walkthrough, so I can correct it or make it easier to follow.

'Paint' is underused by a lot of people, but it is the most used program across all my computers, it is easy or was until 'Windows 7' was introduced, when they took away some features but added other (less useful features), and is the best place to reduce image sizes.

GHOSTHUNTER.
fixer

Post by fixer »

thanks Kev this helps
the pixies are not a problem I've been having mine is I cannot get the file size bellow 17kb even starting with my camera on its lowest setting which is about half its
normal size and reducing down the pixies ......
reg
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I see you have now got an Avatar showing, does that mean you have sorted it, hope so, if not I will explain a way of getting a small 'File Size'.

GHOSTHUNTER.
fixer

Post by fixer »

I don't know what happened it just decided to let me upload the original one
yes file reduction tips would also be very helpful
I tried compressing another picture but still couldn't get it small enough
reg
GHOSTHUNTER

'Photobucket' picture uploading.

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Once you have selected a picture in your 'Photobucket' album, you will see something similar to the image below...
PHOTOBUCKET 1.JPG
PHOTOBUCKET 1.JPG (104.44 KiB) Viewed 11683 times
What you now do is click on the Second option up from the bottom, the One I have highlighted with the Red arrow and you will see it will temporarily turn Yellow, then it will return back to White indicating the code for this picture has been copied.

Now go onto the forum, click on 'REPLY' in the thread you want to take part in and click the 'Ctrl' and 'V' keys together on your keyboard, you will then see Two lines of code, as shown in the picture below...
PHOTOBUCKET 2.JPG
PHOTOBUCKET 2.JPG (71.84 KiB) Viewed 11683 times
What you do now is delete everything I have highlighted in Red by using the backspace key on your keyboard, then click the 'SUBMIT' button.

You can add whatever text you want during this or just go back into your post by clicking on the 'EDIT' button towards the top right of your posting, good luck but do please come back and ask for advice if this does not work for you.

GHOSTHUNTER.

RE-POSTED HERE
George T. has been having posting problems from his computer running 'Windows 10' as mentioned in his post below.

"Hello Ghosty, I can open two things at one go, namely Nick site and Photobucket. I click on the photo I want to send then click and says copied then click it as I normal so that it would to the bottom tray but Widows !0 does not show a bottom tray.

The whole thing goes off although Nick site and photobucket show at the top left hand side, so now I click on Nicks site and it comes up OK. Now on Windows 7 I would click on EDIT and a window would drop with words plus the word Paste, this does not happen with Windows 10 so I cannot post a picture !!Help!!"

George T.

The operating system of any modern computer should not conflict with the way 'Photobucket' works, but I suspect it is Microsoft who have messed around with the menus in Windows 10 because the feature in their Eyes is not used enough to warrant making it easy or obvious, this they do on a regular basis, even deleting features if they think nobody is using it!!

If you read my screen-grabs above, it should work the same way for Windows 10 as it does for Windows 8 and Windows 7.

Try it word for word, action for action and see what happens, I don't have a computer running on Windows 10, so can not re-enact what problems you are having, I can only go on what you yourself are trying and failing to achieve... :D

Come back here and let me know what is happening and tell me if anything you see in the above screen-grabs is the same as what you see on your computer.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Last edited by GHOSTHUNTER on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I have been looking at a few automatic picture resizing programs and the one shown below seems fine and does work.
FREESIZER.JPG
FREESIZER.JPG (53.69 KiB) Viewed 11651 times
Called 'FREESIZER' it has resizing options for email or social media (forums etc). Once loaded, open it in one window and open the folder with the pictures you want to resize and tick the option you want like Social Media for use on forums, or I believe you can custom the size of your choice. Simply drag-n-drop the picture into the empty loading area. You can review the resized picture or just save it and use it later.

I have tried it and it seems to work, I have not yet posted a picture to the forum to see what size it comes out at, because I resize my pictures and images in 'Paint' but I will use it to see what the results are like. The programme is a Free download so if you don't like it you simply uninstall it, but please do try it and see what you think.

http://www.freesizer.com/

GHOSTHUNTER.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

If you use photobucket, you preselect the size of picture you want from a drop down menu before you upload then once uploaded, just copy the link direct to your forum post. Photobucket suggests the correct size for you.
Bob
Moyboy

Post by Moyboy »

Kevin
to save all the deleting of the top line etc just copy the 'direct' link in PB and then use the 'img' link (the one before URL at the top of the posting box and paste your link in-between the 2 IMG tags
fixer

Post by fixer »

I can set the size on my camera when I take them..... Only taken a year to find out though :oops:
reg