Re: The 'Holy Grail' Listing.

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

whats the long seat variation?
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
numi

Post by numi »

[quote="Brad Pittiful"]i guess this one counts as a grail...dons hobby shop SF VW 1500 saloon

An absolutely rare find Dan! This specimen sure is a stunner and im happy for u. :)
Enjoy,
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
fixer

Post by fixer »

Brad Pittiful wrote:whats the long seat variation?
Ghosty's department Dan , when you view inside the open boot into the seat moulding some have a longer piece of plastic that extends down towards the base , it is also viewable through the rear wheel openings
hope I explained this properly as I first said Ghosty is THE MAN
reg
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

fixer wrote:
Ghosty's department Dan , when you view inside the open boot into the seat moulding some have a longer piece of plastic that extends down towards the base , it is also viewable through the rear wheel openings
thanks for the info...as far as i can see it doesnt look like it has that long bit...very hard to see it through the boot and the wheel arch too...i dont think i could get a good picture either...unless someone has one with a good pic it may help me to get a good pic...otherwise...sorry
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
fixer

Post by fixer »

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=358&start=10#p2484
try this earlier picture Ghosty posted in the 69c thread ,the one on the left is Ghostys long seat version
reg
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

fixer wrote:viewtopic.php?f=8&t=358&start=10#p2484
try this earlier picture Ghosty posted in the 69c thread ,the one on the left is Ghostys long seat version
oh perfect...i do not have that one on the one i checked...i may have another but its put away somewhere so ill have to remember where it is
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

fixer wrote:
Reg, that was perfectly explained, come to the front of the class and collect your Gold Star from Teacher, there's a Good Boy.

Ghosty.
mbox75

Post by mbox75 »

Hi Everyone

A rare short Run of yello Rover 3500 with red Interior and darkamber Window.

Cheers Mathias
SITE ADMIN WARNING: ANY PRE-PRODUCTION MODELS PICTURED IN THIS POST BY MBOX75 MAY BE FAKES!
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

motorman wrote:
Brad Pittiful wrote:i guess this one counts as a grail...dons hobby shop SF VW 1500 saloon
Did we ever determine that these were Code 3's?
I too can confirm they are code 2.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
bunglebus

Post by bunglebus »

I don't know how rare you guys consider this to be, but it took me a while to track down this model A in green and cream, without the spare tyre cover or glass.

Images resized by Ghosthunter.