"MATCHBOX" copies etc.

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
racer X

Re: "MATCHBOX" copies etc.

Post by racer X »

Apparently this model was not launched to de sale. It was a prototype. I said "apparently" because It is not very strange to find it and then I Think that may be that was launched a very small Edition.
Steve. Concerning other copies I show this, that may be based in the Opel Admiral Matchbos in a station wagon version.
Attachments
admiral.jpg
matchboxkiwi

Post by matchboxkiwi »

Another cool model racer X.
I think you could be right about the Opel. Shame it didn't make it in to full production. It would have been a nice model.
Thanks racer X for sharing your models with us.

Steve
Matchboxkiwi
racer X

Post by racer X »

Excuse me Steve, but when I said that the model was not launched I mean the awesome twosome. The ambulance that seem to be an Opel Admiral fortunately reached the toy shops. And here in Argentine is relatively easy to find although it was manufactured 45 years ago. The ambulance that I showed belongs to Diegp Martín Chao ´s collection.

Pablo
matchboxkiwi

Post by matchboxkiwi »

Sorry Pablo.
Yes, I can understand the Grusome Twosome not being produced as is a very exact copy of the Matchbox one and would attract immediate attention from Matchbox HQ.

Steve
Matchboxkiwi
racer X

Post by racer X »

Yes Steve may be that Gillete want to avoid lawful troubles with Matchbox. Nevertheless not all the manufacturers used to think in the same way. I spoke about "Aguti". The Aguti models were a so clear copy of Matchbox that it is dificcult to explain how they could sale these without problems. Even there are colectors who think that Matchbox and Aguti had a kind of bond.
Attachments
admiral.jpg
admiral.jpg
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

NO MORE POSTS.
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

[quote="GHOSTHUNTER"]NO MORE POSTS.[/quote]

Is that Ghost-speak for "Start a new topic - this one is too long" Kevin?

Ian
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

No. It means that this board is broken.
All new topics and posts should be made at https://vbd3.co.uk. (Please note that you will need to register in order to access VBD3. However, reusing your username and, if you wish, password from this site is not an issue.)