Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Toy fair news

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The Kempton Park toy fair is taking place this coming Sunday, 11th May, 2014.

Approximately 200 tables, starting at 10.30 am, earlybirds in at 7.30 am.

Not been to this one myself, but expect decent refreshments and parking.
No Sat-Nav details on the report I am reading, but the address is...
...Kempton Park Racecourse, Staines Road East, Sunbury On Thames, Middlesex, England.

Might try and get along to this one.

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Ghosty, are you sure about that early birds time??....more like extremely early birds, i very much doubt the doors will have opened for the sellers at 7.30 am let alone the buyers. :lol:
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Does seem extreme, but something similar operates at Sandown Park and I believe the likes of "YYS4BOB" is doing business at 08.00am at a past event at Sandown.

Why don't you come down and we'll go together to see just what time we can get in, I've still got me old bolt cutters, some rucksacks and a couple of Balaclavas we can use, got no working torches, you better bring one or two down with you, oh, and bring a motor, mines too big and bulky for this sort of job.

I've told Nuckle-duster Nick, we might have some gear for him, but we want a couple of ponies up front for it, he aint replied yet but should be cushty with that.

Ghosty.
Taniwha

Post by Taniwha »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:The Kempton Park toy fair is taking place this coming Sunday, 11th May, 2014.

Approximately 200 tables, starting at 10.30 am, earlybirds in at 7.30 am.

Not been to this one myself, but expect decent refreshments and parking.
No Sat-Nav details on the report I am reading, but the address is...
...Kempton Park Racecourse, Staines Road East, Sunbury On Thames, Middlesex, England.

Might try and get along to this one.

Ghosty.
Ghosty,

I went to one there a few years back and it was an excellent fair. It is located, funnily enough, quite near to Sandown, and is also held in racecourse buildings - so plenty of parking (although I went by train), don't remember anything about food, as that has always been a secondary consideration for me at toy fairs! Only went the once, but came back with some nice things - original ring-bound Stannard and some nice boxed RW models, plus the gold Miura in this picture which only cost a quid:

Cheers,
Gavin
Faceless Bureaucrats have feelings too...
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hello Gavin, thank's for the info, Stannard's and Gold Miura's...hmm, sounds like that's secured a trip for me on Sunday, Cheers.

FOOD AT TOY FAIRS...

I always take a little picnic anyway, it comes in handy if you meet fellow members of the forum and you can go back to the car and a nice chat-snack, as Nick and I did at a past Windsor toy fair (was a little blustery on that day, but has left me with nice memories of meeting the 'Master').

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:...

I always take a little picnic anyway

Ghosty.
Mmmmnnn? Ghosty's picnic?

Ah yes Champagne on ice. Caviar on delicate little itsybitsy crackers, Softly poached Quail eggs with shavings of black truffle, Fois Gras, fresh Oysters........

"Get me another bottle of Campagne Marmaduke, make it snappy and make sure it's cold that last bottle was 1 degree too hot you baffoon, and while your at it, re- iron my Times and bring my slippers you commoner, and once you have done that warm up the back seat of the roller i am a little tired and fancy a nap after lunch, dont forget to fluff up my silk pillow and make sure my embroidered coat of arms is facing up you fool"

Can't get the staff, eh Ghosty?

As for the rest of us, we will make do with a stale cheese sandwich and a scalding hot watery tea from the chuck van. :lol: :lol:
MOTORMAN

misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Exellent.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
motorman

Post by motorman »

Bloody Hell Ghosty no retort as yet..........have i upset you???? :D
MOTORMAN

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Sorry Alex, "Marmaduke", the old Buffoon, is a bit slow on the old PC these days and had not switched it on, so he did not see your posting, so of course never came and told me.

As you say, you can't get the staff.

Ghosty (for Marmaduke, the old bugga as fell asleep).
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Sorry Alex, "Marmaduke", the old Buffoon, is a bit slow on the old PC these days and had not switched it on, so he did not see your posting, so of course never came and told me.

As you say, you can't get the staff.

Ghosty (for Marmaduke, the old bugga as fell asleep).
Sack him mate, he is useless!!!
MOTORMAN