Classic Super Kings Muscle Cars from Yesteryear toolings

Non UK made Matchbox toys 1983 on
Squid

Re: Classic Super Kings Muscle Cars from Yesteryear toolings

Post by Squid »

francipe wrote:Now it's just part of the 'if only' history of Yesteryears.
The "if only history of Yeateryears" rings true on so many levels. If only Mattel hadn't killed off the line.

The El Camino is an interesting piece. It sports the "Band-Aid" stripes, yet lacks the cowl-induction hood and Super Sport badging. One could order the stripes on standard Chevelles and El Caminos, but I imagine not many were so equipped. And I can't quite read the badge on the grill; does it say "Chevrolet" or "Chevelle?"
francipe

Post by francipe »

Squid wrote:
francipe wrote:Now it's just part of the 'if only' history of Yesteryears.
The "if only history of Yeateryears" rings true on so many levels. If only Mattel hadn't killed off the line.

The El Camino is an interesting piece. It sports the "Band-Aid" stripes, yet lacks the cowl-induction hood and Super Sport badging. One could order the stripes on standard Chevelles and El Caminos, but I imagine not many were so equipped. And I can't quite read the badge on the grill; does it say "Chevrolet" or "Chevelle?"
Sorry about that Squid. As it's not a Yesteryear model I didn't bother to post too many photos. Both front and back have 'CHEVROLET' legends but the one on the grille is almost impossible to read without a magnifying glass. The camera makes it easier on the eye.
IMG_20210101_010401.jpg
IMG_20210101_010423.jpg
'EL CAMINO' on the front fender.
IMG_20210101_010447.jpg
The brown interior is far more realistic than the plastics used on the other models in the series.
Apologies for the first photos of the New Year taken with flashlight, which washes the colour from these shots. The head restraints in the rear window give a more accurate idea of the colour.
IMG_20210101_012217.jpg
IMG_20210101_012439.jpg
Happy New Year to you and all those who've found this thread of interest.
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

beautiful pictures Peter.

marcel
matchboxmarcel