Black Forest Customs

Any brand, any year, show us your projects.
paelzermaen

Re: Black Forest Customs

Post by paelzermaen »

Tinman wrote:Somehow, I missed the photos of the Unimog Dumper until just now. What a Bad-Ass (can I say that here?) truck that is!!!!! I have simply got to make one, mine will never look that great but I've got to try (oooh, me want Unimog dumper).
Hi Tinman !
Check side 2 of this threat. There you´ll find the pics :D

But as you like the Unimogs so much, here is another one:
1-DSC00096.JPG
2-DSC00097.JPG
3-DSC00098.JPG
THOMAS
in Black Forest
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

Wow Thomas, that is very clever.

I can see components from at least 5 models. What a great looking model (as are all of your others as well :D )

Bert
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Totally agree and the choice of colours once again is perfect. Thomas you certainly have an eye for getting the right colours on your models, 10/10.
Malibu

Post by Malibu »

Perfect custom.
paelzermaen

Post by paelzermaen »

Thank you guys.
I found some pics from the workbench:
DSC_1997.JPG
DSC_1998.JPG
THOMAS
in Black Forest
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

I think the snow plow blade is from and Case dozer? Is the truck bed from a modern matchbox or is it grit spreader combined with concrete truck parts?
Attachments
Unimog dream.jpg
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Well, the bar has been set pretty high. I need to get to work on my Unimog.
Attachments
Unimog dream 2.jpg
paelzermaen

Post by paelzermaen »

Tinman wrote:I think the snow plow blade is from and Case dozer? Is the truck bed from a modern matchbox or is it grit spreader combined with concrete truck parts?
Yes, blade cames from a Case Tractor. I angled it. Case Tractors are much better available as Scammel Snow Trucks, so I often use them for the blades.
The others are a Grit Spreader bed (shortend) and the back part of the 21 Foden Concrete Truck, wheels from a Mack Dumper.
THOMAS
in Black Forest
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

paelzermaen wrote:
Tinman wrote:I think the snow plow blade is from and Case dozer? Is the truck bed from a modern matchbox or is it grit spreader combined with concrete truck parts?
Yes, blade cames from a Case Tractor. I angled it. Case Tractors are much better available as Scammel Snow Trucks, so I often use them for the blades.
The others are a Grit Spreader bed (shortend) and the back part of the 21 Foden Concrete Truck, wheels from a Mack Dumper.
Looks like you have taken the rear cleanly off the grit spreader bed and moved it up two ribs. Next, you've made room for the adaptation of the surgically removed concrete truck parts to make a nice clean mate that needed minimal filler to make it look like it was cast that way. Just one significant part of a ton of work that went into that model.

I love that size wheel hub and tire when fitted to the Unimog. It gives the model that true 4x4 look and those hubs and tires should have been used from the git go by Lesney.  Fortunately, those tires and hubs are very common and used on a wide variety of Lesney models (so are easy to source and the tires can be obtained from the reproduction sources).

The amount of work put into both of your Unimogs is amazing and time consuming. As usual, you have done a fantastic job with both. They are concept art in many respects. The imagination of the project is only the start. The genius is in the assembly (deconstruction/reconstruction) and the craftsmanship is second to none. Your color choices are key to the models outstanding final results and their impact upon the beholder.  Your work inspires me and challenges me to make better things and be more creative. 

One of my "hack job" Unimogs with the same wheels/tires:
Attachments
esso uni 7.jpg
paelzermaen

Post by paelzermaen »

Thank you Tinman for this kind words.
Actually, the idea with the bigger wheels on the Unimog I got from your creations.
I do my best, and maybe, one day, I will come close to your level of work.
But I will never reach the frequency of your restaurations :o ;)
THOMAS
in Black Forest