My collection of vintage vehicles

Post photographs of your collection here!
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: My collection of vintage vehicles

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

WOW, what a catalogue. Looks like what they don't make is probably not worth making!!

Some super trucks in there.

Thanks for the link.

Ghosthunter.
Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

My latest that just arrived today. The 1945 MG-TC is a Matchbox Yesteryear model Y-8. This little car was responsible for the sports car boom in the post-war era.

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I really like this model and think Lesney chose well to add this to the Yesteryears range. I have a few examples one of which is in the dark green and this one below in Liverpool Police trim, a 'Code 2' status model but something that actually existed in real life and if you are lucky you can catch it in one of those classic cops and robbers films shown on the Talking Pictures TV channel.

Ghosthunter.
TinTin

Post by TinTin »

Two beautiful looking models and I like both the colour schemes.
Kindest Regards

Kevin
Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

Sorry my picture of the MG is a little blurred (or overexposed). But, you have both said, this a little favourite of mine too. Our personal lawyer had a full-size green model which I was a little envious of! :) He tells me it needs a bit of mechanical work now. Like the police version Ghosthunter.

I was pleased this morning to receive another model, this time a 1927 Bugattit 44 (Matchbox Yesteryear Y-24). So the glass cabinet is slowly filling!

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Another worthy addition to the range and quite a large model which was a pattern with Yesteryears tending to be made bigger as the range expanded over the years until many of the cars were finally close to the international collecting scale of 1/43.

Ghosthunter.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

The Bugatti is one of my favourite models in the later series. There are a lot of variations, some much rarer than others. The MG model is not really a true scale representation of the actual car. Lesney widened it a bit. It should be narrower to be a true representation.
Bob
TinTin

Post by TinTin »

Another lovely model to add to your ever growing collection.
Kindest Regards

Kevin
Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

Hi, Another two Matchbox Yesteryear models added to the cabinet this morning.

First is the Y2 - 4, a 1930 4.5Lt. Supercharged Bentley. Although the engine was not as large, in the 1930 Le Mans. it set a lap record of 6mins 48secs at a speed of 144.32mph beating the larger 7Lt Mercedes Benz.

Next is the Y34B, a 1933 Cadillac 452 V16. This highly prestigious Cadillac was introduced in 1930, a bold step as it was only 3 months after the Wall Street Crash. The V16 engine developed 175 bhp enabling the vehicle to cruise comfortably at 145 Km/h. The model looks very smart in white.

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The Bentley is based on the same car as the Airfix 12th scale model kit. This was the last car added to the team for the 1930 racing season to become Birkin Blower No.4, a car purchased new by Dorothy Paget (friend and financer), just for Henry (Tim) Birkin to go racing in. Its best result was to come second at the French Grand Prix at Pau. In 1959 it was officially timed to cover the flying mile in both directions at an average speed of 125.675 m.p.h.

It is one of only two cars built with the shorter 9 feet 9.5 inch wheelbase chassis.

Ghosthunter.