#4 Triumph & Sidecar in Metallic Gold

Is it genuine or is it fake?
Fox

Re: Threatening message received from Eric jonkers

Post by Fox »

I just try to imagine a court judging such an issue... ridiculous.
Corgi-toys ergo sum
fixer

Post by fixer »

I didn't think we had rules as such , but an unwritten code of conduct and general respect of opinion
So how did you breach the forum rules Joe?
reg
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

fixer wrote:I didn't think we had rules as such , but an unwritten code of conduct and general respect of opinion
So how did you breach the forum rules Joe?
What I breached was "Eric's" ignorant self perception/self deception that he was:
Hiding and his crimes were unknown,
Getting away with fraud and fakery,
Untouchable and/or anonymous.

He's had some hard reality delivered to his door step and he's discovered his official Harry Potter "Cloak of invisibility" is defective. I encourage Eric to try to move forward with some sort of legal action against me ... I welcome the challenge.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Eric has replied to my reply of his first communication. Here's the latest reply from Eric Jonkers:

Hi P.J.
I believe you understand it incorrectly, it is not yours as a person, but as a supervisor on the forum.
It is also not the question of whether a model is fake or not, but that someone is accused of it. And is associated with other persons as well as personal mailings are placed in topics including personal information.
This is in violation of the Personal Registration Act in Europe and also in the UK.
I hope you understand now.

Best regards,

Eric
egjjonkers@gmail.com

Eric,

Eric also seems to overlook the fact that all comments noted on the forums are personal opinions and, as such, only carry the weight of one man's opinion. Here is my reply to Eric:

Here are some cold hard facts (in no particular order):

Communications through the forums become the exclusive property of the forum owner and you have no expectations of privacy (that's zero privacy). You have elected to obtain your contact information via a private system that is only available by membership. You relinquish all right to privacy at that point. The content of your communications are not protected. Contacting either myself or another member via information provided by the member only data contained within the forum also strips away the rights you claim.

The accusations concerning the many fake and fraudulent models you offer for sale (and have sold) are well founded. Enough evidence exists (and that evidence now rests in the hands of those you have defrauded) to counter your hopeless claims to the contrary.

Once you transact in a business arrangement with another individual, you also give up expectations of privacy. That transaction can be on eBay or any other web based site or brick & mortar place of business.

Once you join the VBD as a member, we own your user name and that identity. The VBD will own that forever, even if the moderating staff decides to revoke your ability to post content, the VBD retains all rights reserved.

Your only hope for future privacy is to never join another online auction site, online trading site, online social media site, online member site, etc. However - you have freely provided so much personal information to so many different venues, that your claims have already become null and void long before you touched the keyboard to type your most recent communications.

As for rules of the VBD, there are no rules! That's one of the VBD's founding principals. Actions/sanctions directed towards members are voted upon by the moderators and that only happens in extreme cases of abuse by the member concerned.

I do not live in Europe. European laws, as a general rule, do not govern what I can say or do in my home country. Rather than attempt to claim some notion of privacy (for which you voluntarily gave up the right), you should be far more concerned about the laws of fraud which have a far more serious consequence for you.

If you decide to pursue some legal action, I will gladly give you the name and contact information of the USA based legal firm which represents all of my professional and personal business. You may then contact them directly. I strongly advise that you have your own legal team draft any such future communications on your behalf.

You are not my first interaction with a person of your reputation. As I previously mentioned, I am a seasoned veteran when it comes to dealing with fraud in the hobby. I've been through many fights centered on fraudulent models/toys and my name and reputation is outstanding. If you would like to join the unique club of individuals who thought they could manipulate the law to cover up their fraud and wrong doing, be my guest. Be forewarned, the financial cost to become a member of that club can be very expensive.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

The fact that Eric would rather suppress the thread than defend either the model or his sales practices speaks volumes.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Looks pretty streightforward to me Joe. We look forward to a reply either from Eric himself or his chosen legal team.

Ghost.
Idris
Site Admin

Re: #4 Triumph & Sidecar in Metallic Gold

Post by Idris »

Let me start by saying that I have spent part of my afternoon looking into the question of publishing the contents of private e-mails and, in this particular case, this appears to be justified on the grounds of public interest, i.e. the subject constitutes a matter of legitimate public concern. In addition, given Eric's reputation amongst collectors, I do not see the disclosure of any so-called 'private facts' which were not already in the public domain. Furthermore, since Eric has chosen to ship his models from a business which is listed on the Internet, I similarly do not see a problem with the disclosure of said business's address, especially since it forms a key link in the chain of evidence which this thread contains.

So come on Eric, how about explaining to us:
1) why you have been using the name Henk Jonk (and possibly also Eric Slager),
2) why you need so many Ebay seller accounts,
3) why you claim that some of your Ebay models are in the States.
and, when you've finished all that, how about telling us why you would rather exert pressure in private to get this topic deleted than publicly defend your position and the authenticity of the model in question.

Finally, as Site Admin, it falls to me to see fair play, so If you feel that you are being misrepresented, unfairly maligned or wish me to correct any factual inaccuracies contained within this thread, please make that known with a public posting. You have my word that the matter will then be investigated and, if required, posts will be either altered or deleted, or retraction(s) will be added as a new post within this thread.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Idris wrote:So come on Eric, how about explaining to us:
1) why you have been using the name Henk Jonk (and possibly also Eric Slager),
2) why you need so many Ebay seller accounts,
3) why you claim that some of your Ebay models are in the States.
and, when you've finished all that, how about telling us why you would rather exert pressure in private to get this topic deleted than publicly defend your position and the authenticity of the model in question.
So Eric, here we are, a week further and you haven't responded.
What's the problem.....

....has the cat got your tongue? :D
zBret

Post by zBret »

ImageImage
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Oh dear! Eric seems to have stopped visiting the Forum.
Was it something we said? :D