Squid's latest finds

A place to show your latest finds
Squid

Re: Squid's latest finds

Post by Squid »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:As it was something I stumbled upon during an un-related search, I did not bookmark it as I was not expecting to revisit it again.
No biggie. I probably should get my spending under control anyway!
Squid

Post by Squid »

Squid wrote:I probably should get my spending under control anyway!
That comment was made after ol' Squid had dug deep for this next find: the Corgi 334 Mini "Magnifique!" It's the most expensive die-cast, and also the nicest vintage piece, I've ever owned.
Corgi 334 800x600.jpg
Corgi 334 Opened Up 800x600.jpg
Though the car is very nice, the same cannot be said of the box...but the box is there.
Corgi 334 Box 800x600.jpg
Rest assured, the cats will not be playing with this one!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I had the metallic blue version and thought it was simply one of the best Corgi Toy models I could own at that time when new.

I have been trying to replace it for many years and in fact I am not sure if I ever did manage it, my non Rolls-Royce collection is also not on display, everything in boxes so not easy to check!

Ghosthunter.
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

Magnifique indeed! There is a variation on the sunroof blind, as these come with either narrow or broad stripes:
Corgi-Minis.jpg
You can also see in the photo that one has a shiny steering wheel, and the other is dull, but I'm not sure whether that's just because it has tarnished with age.
Squid

Post by Squid »

I'll have to see about tracking down one with the wide blind stripes. As mine has the narrow stripes, I assume that is the more commonly seen variation. Ghosty, I'm sure you'll replace your example eventually...as I've said before, the Brits seem to have better luck in that regard than we Yanks do!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Yes, I am sure there are plenty just sitting on ebay waiting for my attention (and my money!).

Ghosty.
Squid

Post by Squid »

Mine did not come from eBay; I purchased it from a dealer in Oregon. Every boxed example currently listed at a fixed price on eBay is at least half again as much as I paid, so I think I did well! But for every one example in the States, there are two in the UK. Presumably none are offered at prices Ghosty is willing to pay?
Squid

Post by Squid »

Procrastination and recalcitrant Wi-Fi have both conspired to delay this post. At least in the case of the latter, I was finally forced to get a new phone!

Anyway, I acquired a couple of 1970s Corgis last month. First up is the Minissima. It's a larger-scale model of a very tiny car!
Corgi Minissima 800x600.jpg
Corgi Minissima Door Open 800x600.jpg
Corgi Minissima In Box 800x600.jpg
Up next is the Osi DAF City Car. I wrote a blog post about this one. All the opening bits make it a lot of fun!
Corgi Osi DAF City 800x600.jpg
Corgi Osi DAF City Doors Open 800x600.jpg
Corgi Osi DAF City In Box 800x600.jpg
That's all for now. More should be a-comin' tomorrow.
Squid

Post by Squid »

A model of another of my favorite vehicles arrived yesterday: the Corgi 406 Unimog. (406 is the number assigned both by Mercedes-Benz and Corgi; in the former case, it designates a short-wheelbase example of this series.) It is in surprisingly good shape; likely too nice to do much bombing around on the floor. More pictures of it can be found in this blog post.
Corgi 406 Right Front  800x600.jpg
Corgi 406 Left Rear 800x600.jpg
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I had the snow plough version and the one thing about these models is the proper spring suspension. Hours of fun playing with mine over rough terrain...OK then, I mean the edges of carpets etc!!

Ghosty.