Re: The 'Holy Grail' Listing.

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
numi

Post by numi »

Perhaps Sms88 could help shed some light as to whether this specimen had missed the final paint-process or other.
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

i guess this one counts as a grail...dons hobby shop SF VW 1500 saloon

Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Brad Pittiful wrote:i guess this one counts as a grail...dons hobby shop SF VW 1500 saloon
Did we ever determine that these were Code 3's?
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

motorman wrote:
Brad Pittiful wrote:i guess this one counts as a grail...dons hobby shop SF VW 1500 saloon
Did we ever determine that these were Code 3's?
nicks guide says its a code 2
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
motorman

Post by motorman »

You are correct Dan, apparenty these were a factory authorised Custom.

Your example certainly looks the real deal, but there are quite a few fakes out there to catch the unwary.
MOTORMAN

nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

I think Dan's VW could be the real deal. Note the number 3 is slightly heavier than the number 5, Yet the #3 matches the #3 on the original 137 label exactly.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

here is some info on the herbie

it was in a lot of cars...one of those mattel cases...drawer style...it was full of SF and RW cars...i bought the lot for a total of $27.00 not counting shipping which i forget what that was now

here is the ebay auction photo...kinda small...i cant remember if it was that small or they were changing stuff and thats how it saved...i hate when they change the good way i saved photos

here are the pics after i got the lot

this was one of those auctions that people overlooked...i got lucky getting these for such a low price
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Nice lot for very little money and you don't see many of that type of carry case. Any chance for some close up pictures of the two Rolls-Royce models, especially in the boot and rear wheel arches of the blue 'Drop-Top' #69, thanks Dan if you can do that.

Ghosty.
Attachments
2 Rollers in here!.jpg
2 Rollers in here!.jpg (40.08 KiB) Viewed 16331 times
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Nice lot for very little money and you don't see many of that type of carry case. Any chance for some close up pictures of the two Rolls-Royce models, especially in the boot and rear wheel arches of the blue 'Drop-Top' #69, thanks Dan if you can do that.

Ghosty.
He's looking for that "Long seat" version Dan for your info.
MOTORMAN

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Well, of course I am and if "Dan" has found one and is willing to do a trade for it, I'll be his close friend for all time, I'll come round to his house and personally tidy up and dust all his models, I'll be so close to "Dan", on his Marriage License I'll be his 'next of kin'... :P

Ghosty.