Lincoln Models.

Not British, But were in the EEC now!
toysnz

Re: Lincoln Models.

Post by toysnz »

OK here's the short version - see TOYSNZ for a full history of the company and brief information on the other companies :

Lincoln NZ - diecast miniatures, diecast 1:43 scale, tinplate, children's play guns, plastic play items, plastic building blocks and miscellaneous other children's items.

Lincoln HK - diecast miniatures, plastic play items, miscellaneous children's items.

Lincoln International (formerly Lincoln HK) - predominantly larger plastic vehicles (with and without friction drive), battery operated plastic items, fixed remote control (B/O) vehicles (and aircraft?), Children's play items (e.g. weaving loom, engineer's set), licensed character items (Batman, Captain Scarlett, Thunderbirds, etc), licensed children's items (e.g. Graham Kerr "Signature" items [cooking related items for kids?]), children's play walkie talkies, etc.

Lincoln White Metal Works (Lincoln, Nebraska) 1920s-1930s - slush molded racers, sedans, bat wing planes, fire engines, tow trucks, stake trucks and an American Diesel Locomotive.

Lincoln Tool and Manufacturing Company (Milwaukee, Wisconsin) 1949-1958 - cast miniature farm tools.

Lincoln Specialities (Walkerville/Windsor, Ontario) 1946-1958 - diecast farm toys and distributor for pressed steel "Lincoln Toys" below and owned by the same people.

Lincoln Toys (Windsor, Ontario) to 1958? - pressed steel trucks, tractors and aeroplanes.

Windsor Steel (sometimes referred to mistakenly as Lincoln Steel as owned by the same people) & Elwood Toys (Tilbury, Ontario) both out of business by the late 1950s - these are the two companies that actually produced the Lincoln Toys pressed steel items.

Ian
matchboxkiwi

Post by matchboxkiwi »

Hi Ian,
The Rolls Royce you refer to is in my New Zealand Matchbox thread.

Cheers, Steve
Matchboxkiwi
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank's Ian for doing that.

If any members have additions that they think are missing from the categories, could they 'PM' them to Ian so he can add them to the relevant section or post here on the forum if you have pictures as well, thank's.

Ghosthunter.
matchboxkiwi

Post by matchboxkiwi »

Are these what you want to see Ian ?
P7150036.JPG
P7150036.JPG (78.14 KiB) Viewed 6780 times
I have some others somewhere. I'll have to dig them out. I think the boxed models are yours!

Cheers, Steve
Matchboxkiwi
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

matchboxkiwi wrote:Hi Ian,
The Rolls Royce you refer to is in my New Zealand Matchbox thread.

Cheers, Steve
Matchboxkiwi
I'll have to go and find it!

Ian
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

matchboxkiwi wrote:Are these what you want to see Ian ?
P7150036.JPG
I have some others somewhere. I'll have to dig them out. I think the boxed models are yours!

Cheers, Steve
Matchboxkiwi
Here's one of mine... the Hong Kong tow truck.

Ian
matchboxkiwi

Post by matchboxkiwi »

IMG_2201.JPG
IMG_2201.JPG (158.93 KiB) Viewed 6719 times
IMG_2202.JPG
IMG_2202.JPG (179.49 KiB) Viewed 6719 times
Cheers, Steve
Matchboxkiwi
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Here are mine, at least I think they are all Lincoln toys. I stand to be corrected. Just got these and was looking for a place to put them, hence dredging up an old thread.

More perspectives of these can be found at the bottom of the page on the link below:

https://postimg.org/gallery/qxepb53a/

Cheers

Dave
karl

Post by karl »

Very cool collection! Did you get hem in Canada? Seem to all have the same type wheels. If they are small. seem to be very similar to Fun Ho! from New Zealand!
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

RSSierra wrote:Here are mine, at least I think they are all Lincoln toys. I stand to be corrected. Just got these and was looking for a place to put them, hence dredging up an old thread.

(Snip)

More perspectives of these can be found at the bottom of the page on the link below:
https://postimg.org/gallery/qxepb53a/
Dave - they are all NZ Lincoln Toys with the possible exception of the green tractor... I've never seen this model before and would like to know its dimensions. As far as I'm aware (and I have an extensive collection of the NZ Lincoln "Matchbox Series" and "Motorway Minis") the only tractor was the red Massey (?). I've done some work on recording my collection with several models that can be found under the Search facility on my web site and a page on Lincoln at http://toysnz.com/LincolnToysOfNewZealand

BTW - that's one huge Gallery... took forever to get to the bottom of the page! :D

Ian