RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Dinky toys by Meccano
toysnz

Re: RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Post by toysnz »

RSSierra wrote:Hey Ian

We had a bit of a tussle on the last Thompson didn't we......
Yes - i normally don't bid against anyone I know - but I'd been after a good one of these for over 30 years so was prepared to go for it.
RSSierra wrote:The Buy it Now on this one was indeed $500, I wasn't prepared to pay that! I ended up getting this one for $10 more than the price you won the other one at. Photo's of this one weren't the best compared to the one you won.
I nearly went for that one too... but decided it was a bit unfair of me to grab both :lol:
RSSierra wrote:The refueller arrived today and I will post photos shortly, would you consider posting photos of yours here too? Mine has a burgundy base,whereas from memory yours had a black base. I don't think I've seen a comparison anywhere on the web, apart from maybe the old talkmodeltoys site.
The only reference found to the Thompson on that site is http://www.talkmodeltoys.com/discus/mes ... 1394556913 - on the site itself search function doesn't work and neither do a lot of the links (Script errors). No mention of different base colours in the thread I found... mine is also a burgundy/maroon base. Will try to get photos done asap and upload.
RSSierra wrote:Tourer is from a trader who is a Methodist goodwill shop in Palmie! Really surprised that someone would have gifted / bequeathed such a model to them.
I have a repro Tourer - probably by PP Copy Models (Ian Law) - if I have an original it is well buried in my storage facility and not yet catalogued in my database...

Ian
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Right here they are, plus a few other recent arrivals:

The windscreen / dashboard is missing a tab on one side so it slip out.

Jag with Red Hubs

Non PC Morris Van

Remarkably good condition and not an Atlas

Unusual Coloured Studebaker

63b Flying Boat

Finally The Thompson Refueller

Last edited by RSSierra on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi Dave,
That Tourer is in amazing condition, only a few cracks to the hubs, nicest one I've seen. The Refueller is terrific, what a great model, again amazing condition. That Stude is very unusual in that dark green shade, not seen that one either. Well done mate!
CW.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Cheers Chris

Always good to have your opinion. I hadn't seen a Studebaker this dark green before either, took another punt like the Oxford and thankfully this one paid off. Slightly more play worn than I usually go for but the colour variant overrides that.

I've got my eye on a couple more pre war beauties, they'll end up here too if I'm successful.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

As a non-Dinky collector, I'm finding this thread absolutely fascinating and extremely informative.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Idris wrote:As a non-Dinky collector, I'm finding this thread absolutely fascinating and extremely informative.
Likewise, and can i take another opportunity to thank Chris for some information he recently passed to me.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi all,
Just looking at the large photo of the Capstan van reminds me what a real treasure it is. When I first got one 40 odd years ago I was amazed that there is even a tiny representation of the lettering on the cigarette itself, a great bit of detailing on a 60 year old toy. Another missed opportunity too, why wasn't this livery used on a Guy or Bedford box van? Imagine how great that would have looked?
CW.
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

starni999 wrote:Hi all,
Just looking at the large photo of the Capstan van reminds me what a real treasure it is. When I first got one 40 odd years ago I was amazed that there is even a tiny representation of the lettering on the cigarette itself, a great bit of detailing on a 60 year old toy. Another missed opportunity too, why wasn't this livery used on a Guy or Bedford box van? Imagine how great that would have looked?
CW.
One I've always loved and I really need to find a good example of one as mine is in terrible condition! ... also drooling at the thought of this livery on a Guy or Bedford! :oops: :lol:

Ian
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Pre-war Tractor

Civilian 6 Wheel Wagon

Ford Fordor Sedan

Hudson Hornet

Holden in Torquoise with luggage

Another classic example of items being resprayed in the factory, the bonnet was originally bronze

Mk1 Foden

This orange is susceptible to sun fade, but this one is in better condition than the one I already had.

Last edited by RSSierra on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Three more Fodens arrived this week.

Mk1 Original Tailboard

Atlas MK2 Fodens

Last edited by RSSierra on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.