RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Dinky toys by Meccano
RSSierra

Re: RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Post by RSSierra »

I'll update the Oxford story over the weekend, in the meantime the auction shots of a couple of Mk1 Fodens which will be joining the collection. Never thought I would be owning a light blue Mk1, a bit more tired than most Fodens I own but a great find...with a little bit of effort it should clean up alright.

Last edited by RSSierra on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Lovely Dave!
That flat truck is really great, the box is a result too, the brown 1947 wagon is one of my favourites, herringbone tyres and no hook, one of the first!
Chris Warr.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

The Fodens and quite a few others have arrived.

A better example than the one I already had suffering from a drop onto the front bumper.

The flat truck has cleaned up nicely.

Loud Speaker Van

A group of Army vehicles missing a few parts and needing some work

Half Track in the same condition

A variety of Petrol and Oil items

Some non vehicle Dinky items

A Crescent London Bridge that was in the same lot with the Dinky Items above

And this non Dinky item

French Dinky Autounion Racer

Rolls

Pre War French Tanker

250 Fire Engine

Bedford Tipper

Hudson Commodore

Austin Atlantic

Jaguar XK

Two Tone Ford Fordor

Finally something which doesn't quite fit in the collection and has started my sons Dinky collection of One. He's a trekkie.

Lastly, proof that the Oxford a couple of posts above isn't genuine, Original Dinky paint doesn't come off even with acetone.

Last edited by RSSierra on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

A load more great stuff Dave, what can I say? The blue Foden is a great find, the French 25 tanker is prob my fave though as I don't have any of this series at all.
Cheers
CW.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

I've just picked up the two prewar beauties below locally, they should be here in 3-4 days.

Looking forward to the refueller particularly as this is a very quirky subject.

Cheers

Dave
Last edited by RSSierra on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi Dave,
What a pair of crackers! The airport refueller is one I've wanted for ages, never seen a decent one go for sane money. The 22 Coupe is a lovely model, a lot smaller than it's 30a big brother.
CW
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

RSSierra wrote:I've just picked up the two prewar beauties below locally, they should be here n 3-4 days.

Looking forward to the refueller particularly as this is a very quirky subject.
Was that refueller the one recently on TM at $500? Hope you got it cheaper than that! The Airflow looks very tidy - from the same source or one of the unknown sellers (rather than "in Trade" sellers)?

Ian
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

starni999 wrote:Hi Dave,
What a pair of crackers! The airport refueller is one I've wanted for ages, never seen a decent one go for sane money. The 22 Coupe is a lovely model, a lot smaller than it's 30a big brother.
CW
Depends on what you call sane money!... out here in the Antipodes sane money can be the equivalent of GBP200 or more for most pre-war Dinky items - sadly Dave seems to latch on to them before I see them! :lol:

Ian
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Hey Ian

We had a bit of a tussle on the last Thompson didn't we......

The Buy it Now on this one was indeed $500, I wasn't prepared to pay that! I ended up getting this one for $10 more than the price you won the other one at. Photo's of this one weren't the best compared to the one you won.

The refueller arrived today and I will post photos shortly, would you consider posting photos of yours here too? Mine has a burgundy base,whereas from memory yours had a black base. I don't think I've seen a comparison anywhere on the web, apart from maybe the old talkmodeltoys site.

Tourer is from a trader who is a Methodist goodwill shop in Palmie! Really surprised that someone would have gifted / bequeathed such a model to them.

Pics soon.

Cheers

Dave
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi all,
200GBP is not too far off the mark for good or harder to find Pre War stuff over here too, depends what it is. I've had a few bargains over the years, but I've had to close my eyes to bid (and NOT tell the Wife!) a few times too. :D
CW