"Ghosty" adds a Rolls-Royce model to his collection!!!

A place to show your latest finds
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: "Ghosty" adds a Rolls-Royce model to his collection!!!

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

And then there were two!!

You wait for ages for an 'Old Stock' model to come along and then two turn up :D

The pictures below show two of these models now, both missing the little panel on the valance that constitutes a full tow guide design. The model on the left is the example gifted to me by Ali our collector guest viewer and the model on the right from somewhere else with the letters e, b, a and y in their name.

The two models are identical and suggests there was a box of these earlier main bodies found and put back into the production flow-line so as I now have two, it becomes a recordable variation and other examples must surely be out there waiting to be discovered.

Ghosthunter.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I found this little number lurking in a dark corner of ebay. Dinky Toys #127, Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III in metallic red which I would say are un-common compared to the usual gold coloured issues. While I do have these in my collection the bonus feature with this one is the blue base, instantly raising the status to hard to find and this replaces a chipped example I already have.
As usual the mascot is missing and one of the front bumper overriders is broken but still in place so a touch of glue will secure it!

Ghosthunter.
SuperFast

Post by SuperFast »

A great RR model, congratulation Ghosty.
I've seen some Dinky RRs on eBay in metallic red too.
I would like to add some of the Dinky to my Collection and place them together with the related Matchbox models, but I can't collect everything. It is the same scale like the corgies, isn't it?
Sven
Infected by Superfast
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Sven.

Without offending the 'Pedantic' Police, the Dinky is actually 1/42nd scale while Corgi Rolls-Royce models upto 1979 are 1/43rd scale so to most eyes they are the same!

Ghosty.
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

That’s a cracking model Ghosty, love the blue base as well.
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
SuperFast

Post by SuperFast »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Hi Sven.

Without offending the 'Pedantic' Police, the Dinky is actually 1/42nd scale while Corgi Rolls-Royce models upto 1979 are 1/43rd scale so to most eyes they are the same!

Ghosty.
Now this is close. Ghosty
Norman_Wisdom_Police.jpg
Norman_Wisdom_Police.jpg (111.33 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
- L I G H T S !!! -
Infected by Superfast
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The wonderful Sir Norman Wisdom well known owner of both Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars. Often acting alongside them as well such as here in the film...''One Good Turn''.

Ghosthunter.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

After searching and waiting for 40+ years, this model has finally been added to my collection.

This is considered by the old MICA club as an 'Issue 1' model, the very earliest full production Y-6 1920 Rolls-Royce Fire Engine. These are in the 'Hens Teeth' area of collecting and I have to thank our resident Yesteryears expert Bob Tutt for sourcing this example for me.

These early models (MICA issue 1 and issue 2), were built by an engineering company in Poole, Dorset not by Lesney because Lesney were full to capacity trying to get the Y-1 Jaguar SS up and running, a model developed alongside the Fire Engine and intended to be introduced at the same time in 1977.

PLEASE NOTE...THIS IS NOT FOR SALE AND WILL GO WITH ME TO MY GRAVE!!

Ghosty.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

The first time I've supplied anyone with "grave goods" as the archeologists call artifacts entombed with the deceased :shock: Happy to have helped, and glad you're happy with it.
Bob
Fox

Post by Fox »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:I found this little number lurking in a dark corner of ebay. Dinky Toys #127, Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III in metallic red which I would say are un-common compared to the usual gold coloured issues. While I do have these in my collection the bonus feature with this one is the blue base, instantly raising the status to hard to find and this replaces a chipped example I already have.
As usual the mascot is missing and one of the front bumper overriders is broken but still in place so a touch of glue will secure it!

Ghosthunter.
Didn't even noticed that it was an existing variation. Well done !
Corgi-toys ergo sum