RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Dinky toys by Meccano
RSSierra

Re: RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Post by RSSierra »

Hey Chris

Glad to have the Tekno's they are really unusual down here in the Southern Hemisphere.

the Taxi was a great score, really good nick for not a lot of dosh from our local hobby shop which has quite a few collections being cashed up via it.

The post includes the Dinky items form the job lot shown above and a few other local auction wins.

Firstly the Reconnaissance car does indeed have a hole in its roof, smooth hubs and fatigue so Pre War it is Good spotting Chris and Alex. A Pillars missing but a small price to pay for this oldie!

Spot On Telephone Box is an interesting one. Much better cast than the Dinky boxes, with a clear plastic insert for the "windows"

The two Austin 7's turned out to be different colours, with the addition of some axles and tyres these look good. I have gone from having none of this model to having four in a couple of weeks.

Lawnmower

Tyre Rack is in really good condition, i've added some tyres from the spares box.

Spare original drivers will come in handy.

Hudson Hornet for restoration

Bugie Morestone RAC Motorbike and Sidecar

Budgie Morestone AA Motorbike and Sidecar

Witha Lesney Wreck Truck for Scale

Now the other arrivals

25 Series Truck

Boxed Humber Hawk

Boxed Railway Passengers and Station Staff, just need to find one additional staff member to complete the set.

Cheers

Dave
Last edited by RSSierra on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi Dave,
Great stuff mate. The Pre War Rec Car is a real winner. Most I've seen are FAR worse than that. The Pre War Army paint seems to be a different shade too, but it's hard to tell sometimes.
Cheers
CW.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

starni999 wrote:The Pre War Army paint seems to be a different shade too...
The Government was probably selling the real stuff off cheap from late 1945 onwards!
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Another seller committing multiple mistakes....category Diecast / Other.....Auction header Mixed lot of toys.....description- Playware. Capped off with a single crappy photo which i have enhanced below. Result is I got this lot for less than a quid each including shipping.

No mention of Dinky anywhere so no traffic to the listing.

The Fiat and Jag don't look too bad. I have an original Cameraman and some decals, what's the chances of the Fiat having both back tailgates. The rest will be stripped and restored except maybe the Micro van which I may move on. Result!

Cheers

Dave

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The Jaguar also looks nice unless it has been neatly repainted and the Bentley is the less common 'Copper' version and if you have a spare driver for it, the original driver would have been the plastic version.

Ghosthunter.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Great stuff mate! Result for silly money!
What's the van? Looks like a Holden? Is it a Micro Model?
Cheers,
CW.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Hey Chris

Other models which arrived this week are:

Ford Taunus Polizei. This turned up locally, a rare addition to my collection in very good condition.

Jaguar XK

Armstrong Siddeley

Cadillac Tourer

Bomb Disposal Land Rover

Guy Spratts Van

Other items bought recently and due to show up shortly:

Rare Colour Guy Flat Truck

Jekta Pallets and other Dinky Loads

Better pictures on these last items when they show up.

Cheers

Dave
Last edited by RSSierra on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi mate,
Great stuff there!
The Spratts Guy is one of my absolute favourites. There are a couple of interesting points, first is the very last few produced had the side supports to the front number plate, I've never had one though. The other interesting thing is the side decals, the "Spratts bonio" etc lettering is encased top and bottom with a thin red decal line. This is then PAINTED OVER red at the bottom side, (and not that well either!) to finish the red flush with the bottom of the box. It's pretty easy to see in your picture.
Was this ever intended to have just the thin red line and cream lower? Maybe, but the Meccano mag ad showed it just as it is in life.
Cheers
CW
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Hey Mate

I love these old Guys as well, as you can see below.

Another Guy Warrior 4 Ton Lorry, This one will eventually be stripped down and repainted into the harder to find Red / Green version.

Early Version Euclid with Grey Decal

Alongside the later Version

French Dinky Desoto Diplomat in Metallic Green

Dinky Figures

Dinky and Gohilco Traffic Lights

Various Motorbike and side cars which I got from one seller. slightly better condition than I got from the bulk lot shown above.

Including a Zebra Toys version of the AA livery

All Together and with Dinky versions in front for scale:

Cheers

Dave
Last edited by RSSierra on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

I took the family to Sydney last week for the first week of the school holidays. One of the prerequisites for me was visiting the Rozelle collectors market which is held every Saturday and Sunday. Due to the fact it is so regular I wasn't expecting to find any Dinky toys, but it was only 20 minutes from our apartment so no real time investment. It turned out to be a great day, lots of old vintage eclectic stuff from Anvils, tools, swords, standard second hand fair, etc. Lots of Aussie diecast and Matchbox of all vintages generally in playworn condition.

I did find the trailer below, it was missing two tyres and had two Foden tyres on the other axle. Mine for $7

On my third lap I noticed at the back of the same sellers stall there were some boxes and lead animals, with a closer look these turned out to be the items below. I can't find any specific thread elsewhere these will fit so have included them in this thread.

Britains 128f Fordson Major Tractor. These are harder to research than I would have imagined as there doesn't seem to be any collector sites with details. So sketchy dates of production are from circa 1945 to the mid 50's. Searching ebay and google doesn't turn up many so a good acquisition. If anyone can add information on these models, I would appreciate it:

Very good condition except the front axle which looks like it has been bent and then touched up, probably as a result of being dropped.

Next to the Tractor and its box was this box:

On opening it up, there was a Tipping Hay Trailer also from Britains inside. Once again in pretty good condition. Presumably the same vintage.

The seller also had a Britains log trailer in its box, and various lead animals, all in excellent condition. Whilst I didn't buy these I regret it now as they were in such good condition for their age.

Best bit was the seller didn't seem to be aware of the rarity or value on these items and offered the two to me for less than the sticker price he had on the tractor, which wasn't exorbitant to start with. I'd already convinced myself to pay more than I did in total for the tractor alone. I got the distinct feeling he just needed the cash. We both ended up happy.

Cheers

Dave
Last edited by RSSierra on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:17 am, edited 7 times in total.