What's happened to the forum?

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
Idris
Site Admin

Re: What's happened to the forum?

Post by Idris »

As far as I know, VBD runs bog-standard phpbb, without any add-ons. As such, updating the core files should be straightforward.
LUFF

Post by LUFF »

So last Tuesday 2nd March was Microsoft patch Tuesday and Evey time windows 10 gets new updates some end users but not all suffer ,or is it hackers that were targeting servers??
Microsoft wonder why some manufacturers still use windows7 ?
AJR

Post by AJR »

Yes LUFF. I detest those MS updates ... they wipe files off my computer ... including files for my printer so I can't troubleshoot it.
I always postpone them where possible. I even went into settings to stop them being added but they still did.
Hopefully going back to XP or 7 ASAP.
LUFF

Post by LUFF »

Yes AJR
The problem is that Microsoft now control your computer with windows10 and you cannot stop and choose what YOU want .
Big Brother is not watching you it is controling you.
Moyboy

Post by Moyboy »

[quote="Idris"]As far as I know, VBD runs bog-standard phpbb, without any add-ons. As such, updating the core files should be straightforward.[/quote]
yes, just go to the phpbb3 site and download the latest updates but without that password it will do no good. Only Nick would have this.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

[quote="AJR"]Thanks Idris for the update. I was going to suggest that all posts from 3rd March be deleted...[/quote]

I did actually examine all the posts made on 3rd March prior to the malfunctioning of the Forum, but none of them seemed to contain anything unusual or odd.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR SITE ADMIN AND MODS:

It is with deep regret that I have to inform you that we have been unable to make any headway whatsoever with Nick. After the initial denial that there was a problem, requests to fix the Forum have been met with vague promises of action “…in a few days…”, whilst requests for the server-side file access codes have either been completely ignored or rejected point blank.
We have therefore reluctantly taken the step of setting up a new Forum so that we may all continue to meet, share, and enjoy our hobby in the manner to which we have become accustomed over the last few years. The Vintage British Diecast Forum can be found at https://vbd3.co.uk (VBD2 being this Forum, and VBD1 having been Lefora) and it should all look very familiar to visitors to this site, although it does have a slightly different feel to it because we are using the latest version of the software. In addition, rest assured that we have taken steps to ensure that all important access codes are shared between at least two Members, so there will be no repeat of the issues currently affecting VBD2.
Your VBD2 Mods and Site Admin look forward to welcoming you to the new Forum where we promise you it will very much be business as usual.(Please note that VBD3 is entirely separate from VBD2. As such, you will need to register in order to use the site, but you are welcome to do so using your VBD2 username and, if you wish, also your VBD2 password.)
See you all soon!

Hugh/Idris
Site Admin. on behalf of The Team
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR SITE ADMIN AND MODS:

It is with deep regret that I have to inform you that we have been unable to make any headway whatsoever with Nick. After the initial denial that there was a problem, requests to fix the Forum have been met with vague promises of action “…in a few days…”, whilst requests for the server-side file access codes have either been completely ignored or rejected point blank.
We have therefore reluctantly taken the step of setting up a new Forum so that we may all continue to meet, share, and enjoy our hobby in the manner to which we have become accustomed over the last few years. The Vintage British Diecast Forum can be found at https://vbd3.co.uk (VBD2 being this Forum, and VBD1 having been Lefora) and it should all look very familiar to visitors to this site, although it does have a slightly different feel to it because we are using the latest version of the software. In addition, rest assured that we have taken steps to ensure that all important access codes are shared between at least two Members, so there will be no repeat of the issues currently affecting VBD2.
Your VBD2 Mods and Site Admin look forward to welcoming you to the new Forum where we promise you it will very much be business as usual.(Please note that VBD3 is entirely separate from VBD2. As such, you will need to register in order to use the site, but you are welcome to do so using your VBD2 username and, if you wish, also your VBD2 password.)
See you all soon!

Hugh/Idris
Site Admin. on behalf of The Team
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

PLEASE COPY THIS...https://vbd3.co.uk/index.php

AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR BROWSER SEARCH BAR WHERE THE https:// CAN BE SEEN, NOT IN GOOGLE SEARCH!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

PLEASE USE THIS...https://vbd3.co.uk/index.php