Newbie to forum

Description of your first forum.
red-thumb

Re: Newbie to forum

Post by red-thumb »

Idris wrote:We seem to be missing three cat photographs....... :(
G'day Idris,
You will have to ask Squid for the other 3 missing cats, I only have the one, pictured. ;)
Cheers Red.
Squid

Post by Squid »

red-thumb wrote:
Idris wrote:We seem to be missing three cat photographs....... :(
G'day Idris,
You will have to ask Squid for the other 3 missing cats, I only have the one, pictured. ;)
I will post some pictures shortly, and likely in a new thread. Though I have four cats, I only have decent photos of three. The tortoiseshell, Olivia, is still rather shy...she tends to skedaddle when she sees us approaching in hopes of a photo-op.

Al, your pets are wonderful (Ninja reminds me of my Theo, who passed on last year), and you look to live in a very serene part of the world...exactly the sort of life I'd like to live!
red-thumb

Post by red-thumb »

I will post some pictures shortly, and likely in a new thread. Though I have four cats, I only have decent photos of three. The tortoiseshell, Olivia, is still rather shy...she tends to skedaddle when she sees us approaching in hopes of a photo-op.

Al, your pets are wonderful (Ninja reminds me of my Theo, who passed on last year), and you look to live in a very serene part of the world...exactly the sort of life I'd like to live![/quote]

G'day Squid,
Yes I was Lucky to land up where I am today and hopefully can see my days out in peace (no more rat race) and quiet.
Let me know the new thread (aMinal corner ???). :lol:
Cheers Al Down Under.

I am still getting it wrong when it comes to separating ( /quote ) when reposting... :oops:
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

red-thumb wrote:I am still getting it wrong when it comes to separating ( /quote ) when reposting... :oops:
The way the formatting codes work in phpbb are very similar to how they work in HTML and (if you can remember that far back) WordStar. All you need to remember is that you have one instruction at the start turning a format on, expressed as [instruction], and then another , expressed as [/instruction], at the end turning it off. Really, it's no different to paired brackets in a mathematical expression and, with nested quotations, all you need to do is to ensure that you close as many quotes as you have opened
Squid

Post by Squid »

red-thumb wrote:Yes I was Lucky to land up where I am today and hopefully can see my days out in peace (no more rat race) and quiet.
Let me know the new thread (aMinal corner ???). :lol:
I eagerly await the day I can leave the rat race and city life behind! Both are things I must put up with for now, as I'm still about 25 years away from retirement age and not exactly wealthy.

And I have finally posted some pictures of my pets. They can be viewed in this thread.