my latest wins

Morestone, Benbros, Charbens, DCMT, Kemlows & Moko.
MOKOSEX

Re: my latest wins

Post by MOKOSEX »

Idris wrote:The Primus Engineering set in photograph no. 1 could be interesting. How complete is it?
Basically its an empty box with just a few pieces in,its the age of this that surprised me :shock: ,could be late 1920,s
dave
Attachments
DSCN9740.JPG
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

MOKOSEX wrote:
Idris wrote:The Primus Engineering set in photograph no. 1 could be interesting. How complete is it?
Basically its an empty box with just a few pieces in,its the age of this that surprised me :shock: ,could be late 1920,s
dave
1913 - mid-1920s (reported dates vary). There's a very good article on Primus Engineering in one of the Modellers' World magazines but, because there's no index, I can't put my finger on it right now.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

misterpop wrote:So 1935 Ford?-Diecast
Modellers' World vol. 11, no. 4 identifies the LOLO model as a 1934 Ford V8, but Model Auto review plumps for 1935 (https://www.maronline.org.uk/the-ford-c ... 1935-cars/).
Attachments
https://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/cars/ford/56848/view/ford_v8_tudor_victoria_1934/
https://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/cars/ford/56848/view/ford_v8_tudor_victoria_1934/
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Re the mystery car....Mine is blue and last week I bought a green one off a very nice seller in Stockport[Hazel Grove-Diecastmolester may know that seller]..Last night I bought a yellow one.Now Dave I think it was said he had seen red ones about..Put those 4 together and the Poirot in me says game pieces so last night I spent 5 hours googling Metal board game cars and came up with zilch.......I am sure that is the source of these blighters....What do's the team think ? I would love to find it and report my findings so I will search through Come dancing tonight.....

There was someone on here who could have answered this conumdrum but I'm not sure he's still with us...
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

misterpop wrote:...game pieces...
Could you please give me an idea of size? (Is there another thread somewhere with more photographs of this model?)
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Yes Idris...Think Dinky Riley slightly smaller no base or writing at all,blanked in windows like a slush but very detailed like an early Dinky....
mysterycar.jpg
mysterycar.jpg (22.47 KiB) Viewed 5191 times
As I know there is'nt another thread featuring this car..Dave [mokosex] thinks a Kays connection.
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

i have ben looking through my old saved photos and found these two examples in amongst other similar cars,does look to big to be a board counter to me
dave
Just had a thought,if you look at the photos and at the large red thin car at the top" i, ve seen them listed as land speed racing cars" it as the same type of paint job as the mystery car,the only other i have seen with this type of paint job were the first morestones,i am not saying they are morestone,but theres a chance they were painted in the same place as the morestone so to me this would indicate a london maker possibly the same as the big (land speed) car.
dave
Attachments
IMG_0548.jpg
IMG_0547.jpg
IMG_0546.jpg
IMG_0545.jpg
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Thank you mokosex for those amazing pics.....The mystery just got a whole lot weirder as I have just noticed now the car has what can only discribed as over spray on the front and back.Notice the green car in picture 2 and 4 with black..The yellow one has red over spray..This is not a case of very careless restorer surely[Dont get me wronge,I am not suggesting those are repaints just bystanders at a respray party]..[but I'm not suggesting that???You know what I mean]..I remember a Corgi junior bus with similar marks that represented fire damage.....So whats all this about then?
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

MOKOSEX wrote:
dave
Thinking about it, some of that Meccano might actually be Primus. (The latter is thicker and has larger diameter holes.)
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

misterpop wrote:Thank you mokosex for those amazing pics.....The mystery just got a whole lot weirder as I have just noticed now the car has what can only discribed as over spray on the front and back.Notice the green car in picture 2 and 4 with black..The yellow one has red over spray..This is not a case of very careless restorer surely[Dont get me wronge,I am not suggesting those are repaints just bystanders at a respray party]..[but I'm not suggesting that???You know what I mean]..I remember a Corgi junior bus with similar marks that represented fire damage.....So whats all this about then?
I think the over spray was the painters idea to jazz up the models,i have seen it on three types of models from this era,the mystery car,the"land speed car" and the first morestone.I know what you mean about the corgis,there were three models i can think of with overspary,the later mercedes bus ,the earlier duplo coach,both were to simulate fire damage,they also splashed a merecedes with paint on the bonnet for a bond car,these corgi had a specific reason so although similar ,i think they are for different reasons.
As for the early three examples ,i would suspect a paint connection as for a makers connection possibly the land speed car and mystery car,
Attachments
DSC00075-2.jpg
DSC00130.jpg
DSC00069.jpg
DSC00198.jpg