#41 Yellow GT40 & #45 Emerald Green Group6

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
vetrad

Re: #41 Yellow GT40 & #45 Emerald Green Group6

Post by vetrad »

Alex, I had been looking for that Italian multipack issue GT for a long time. The one I found fell into my lap when I was least expecting it. It was from a large collection from France being broken up which had a few Brazil models in it. The Italian GT was a bonus that came along with the Brazilians I was after. I think it is one of the rarest standard issue UK color variants.

All I have now is this grubby Roly model :-) I think this one is more rare than the Italian issue. It is the only one I have seen:

-David

motorman

Post by motorman »

Hi David, great to see you still visiting the forum mate. Yes that #41 may look grubby but I bet it is precious to you and no wonder it's a very rare Brazilian, in fact the first I have seen.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
vetrad

Post by vetrad »

I still check in every once in a while. Don't feel badly about missing the GT I sold. You know if you had bought it a better example would have inevitably come up for sale soon aftetward! Collectors karma :-)
ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

vetrad wrote:I think it is one of the rarest standard issue UK color variants.
Probably beaten by the lemon Iso Grifo, which I believe to have been issued in a similar way, i.e. in a multipack in areas with a small population of Matchbox collectors.

This one was not even catalogued by the Matchbox club magazine editors at the time and is therefore less well known still.

On my website it is listed as a pre-pro, but I should change that, as it was most probably issued. The ones I have heard of seem to have been found in France.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Interesting also to see that it has dot dash wheels Christian. The only other variation that i am aware of with D/D wheels being the powder blue Grifo.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
vetrad

Post by vetrad »

ChFalkensteiner wrote:
Probably beaten by the lemon Iso Grifo, which I believe to have been issued in a similar way, i.e. in a multipack in areas with a small population of Matchbox collectors.

This one was not even catalogued by the Matchbox club magazine editors at the time and is therefore less well known still.

On my website it is listed as a pre-pro, but I should change that, as it was most probably issued. The ones I have heard of seem to have been found in France.
I think you are right about that being a standard issue model and not a color trial. Anecdotally, I think I have seen more lemon Iso Grifos for sale than I have Yellow GT's. But perhaps they are in less demand because most collectors assume they are a trial model.
mbox75

Post by mbox75 »

Hi Everyone

If I had shown this yellow Ford GT 40,the experts of this forum would certainly say a fake with these rivets.

Cheers Mathias
SITE ADMIN WARNING: ANY PRE-PRODUCTION MODELS PICTURED IN THIS POST BY MBOX75 MAY BE FAKES!
Pierkemimi

Post by Pierkemimi »

I know off only 3 yellow iso griffo that are real. Have one in my collection.
My model found in england.

Image[/URL]

Sometimes on ebay seen fakes for sale.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

mbox75 wrote:If I had shown this yellow Ford GT 40,the experts of this forum would certainly say a fake with these rivets.
That's what I was thinking too! Are rivets like that normal on these models?
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

mbox75 wrote:Hi Everyone

If I had shown this yellow Ford GT 40,the experts of this forum would certainly say a fake with these rivets.

Cheers Mathias
You only have yourself to blame on that one
Idris wrote:
mbox75 wrote:If I had shown this yellow Ford GT 40,the experts of this forum would certainly say a fake with these rivets.
That's what I was thinking too! Are rivets like that normal on these models?
Quite a few Brazilian models have rivets like that.
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home