Faker alert

Anything eBay, Tell us your story, win lose or warn!
numi

Re: Faker alert

Post by numi »

4) I can shed a bit more light on the situation.... I have spoken with my family member (jogillan) and the 2 models purchased from you are for another family members toy car collection as a gift since they cannot afford the genuine pre-productions... these are totally different to the ones I am selling as all 3 were purchased from a private collector so there has been a mis-understanding here.. Like I said I only sell originals not fakes like the ones you sell.
It's just an ironic situation.
Regards-BUYER

My tummy turns at the thought of his misdemeanor.Hes a magician trying to turn lies into truth!
This man has no blood flowing in his veins.He is vile and worthless,a true anti-matchbox demon,conniving beast,repugnant,ill-considerate,incomprehensible,callous,belligerent and a scum of scums.Hes another no-good son of the devil thats accruing more bad karma.
Disgusting!
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
motorman

Post by motorman »

tjlglass wrote:Perhaps Numi can put the suggestion forward to him ? I will certainly and I'm sure others will look upon his creations in a different light if they are marked as his own piece of art.
A great idea Tim and i hope that Nik can see the logic in this arguement......he clearly has a gift and a level of knowledge of Matchbox and he should be confident enough to sign his creations. He could be the Banksi of the Matchbox world!! :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
numi

Post by numi »

Perhaps lets all get together on the forum and discuss ways for Nik to permanently mark his creations. Etching,drilling,tagging,stamping,stenciling,engraving?????????????
C'mon guys,every idea could help.
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
motorman

Post by motorman »

numi wrote:Perhaps lets all get together on the forum and discuss ways for Nik to permanently mark his creations. Etching,drilling,tagging,stamping,stenciling,engraving?????????????
C'mon guys,every idea could help.
numi
Given that he does the rivets so well, any signature should not only be on the base but also on the interior roof area of any model. IMHO :)
MOTORMAN

numi

Post by numi »

matchboxtom reply;
Hi, I didn't purchase these models from Greece . If you check my auction template I have also a pre-production Mercedes 350 SL (being auctioned next week). All were purchased from a private collector not fakes, it's impossible to fake plastic matchbox parts and I should point out the rivets are untampered with as well as the incomplete date on the Ferrari which is also impossible to fake?
Best regards.
Attachments
fake.JPG
fake.JPG (318.58 KiB) Viewed 3674 times
numi

bobbo13

Post by bobbo13 »

Hi This is bobbo13 on ebay. Tom has bought from me on ebay many times in the past and I am not the only person he buys from that is part of this board. I will block him from future purchases and I think anyone who sells on ebay should do the same. Bob
motorman

Post by motorman »

Nik has listed new SF's on ebay and has included the following comment in his listing:

buyers-collectors, attention!!
A ''smart '' seller is selling on ebay uk this week 2 of my cars i have sold two weeks ago as restored, and he is reselling them as ''ORIGINALS' the cars are #70 Ferrari ,(my car item number291362661269) and the #55 cortina in olive green (my car item number 351294656638) see my cars on my completed listings they are the same with my cars he bought from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOTORMAN

fixer

Post by fixer »

what more can Nick do about these two ,that's a bold statement to make on his own listing
reg
Moyboy

Post by Moyboy »

Its sad to see when it comes to this but to recreate models without a date and model number is not on. All kudos to Nik for his skills but this is what happens when someone does work this good. Many would be taken in by these models and lose good hard earned money.. To me this is no way a code 2 / 3 or anything else other than an out and out fake and no amount od trying to describe it as otherwise will lead me to believe anything different. As MOYs had their downfall with fakes so it will happen with Regular wheels with this kind of thing going on.
Confidence is lost by collectors whether they are long term seasoned collectors or newbie - we all get fooled by a fake model at some time or other. I for one would love to see Ebay take a sword to all these 'recreations' and wipe them from the listings. If you did this with a Constable or Van Gogh you would be in goal very quickly for making a fake, not a copy as what Nik is doing here is recreating the certain brush strokes and nuances of an old master in effect. It really gives me no heart to carry on collecting this brand anymore and will probably get into something else
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

fixer wrote:what more can Nick do about these two ,that's a bold statement to make on his own listing
The only thing model builders ike him can do is not selling them !
If you make model s that way do it for yourself and trow them away if you stop collecting.
You may mention these are recrations when you sell them but the buyer may post them again as what heppened now.
If you like to build models why on earth do you build models like an original Matchbox ?

There are so many other subjects to build which were never done by Matchbox or any-one else. That's what I call skills, making something which was not made before with your own drawings etc.
I realy don't understand why these so called hobbiest make copies of something rare.

marcel
matchboxmarcel