Whats up with Brad's Matchbox Collectors Forum?

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
mcnair55

Re: Whats up with Brad's Matchbox Collectors Forum?

Post by mcnair55 »

Tinman wrote:I assume the server will vanish when the next monthly payment does not arrive. I'll wait and see what Brad can do with the new server. If he starts over again, so be it and I will support him and participate on his forum.

There is nothing in/on social media that compares to the content in discussion forums. I'm seriously NOT interested in FB or other shallow methods of hobby discussion.
I am no lover of Farcebook either but the rest seem to like and use it,I reluctantly find myself using it at least once a day just because I have too.
Support UKIP in May 2015...Out of Angie,s club for good
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

mcnair55 wrote:I am no lover of Farcebook either but the rest seem to like and use it,I reluctantly find myself using it at least once a day just because I have too.
Stand up a fight against FB, it's mostly nonsense and business promoting themselves.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

I have to agree, Facebook is crappy compared to how it was just a few months ago, But as a tool to bring people together that don't have their own chatroom or forum it can't be beat,
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
mcnair55

Post by mcnair55 »

Tinman wrote:
mcnair55 wrote:I am no lover of Farcebook either but the rest seem to like and use it,I reluctantly find myself using it at least once a day just because I have too.
Stand up a fight against FB, it's mostly nonsense and business promoting themselves.
It is ok saying fight against it but when you need people to answer quickly it cannot be beat.My neighbour Lesley even sent me a FB message the other night saying i had left my side lights on,good on her or a flat battery come morning.I believe Instagram is gaining popularity. :mrgreen:
fixer

Post by fixer »

to be honest I only use fb to poke fun at people and have a moan off about stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:
reg
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

FB is great for seeing the latest photos of the grand kids or your firends new car ... but can't get close to a forum for a discussion or as an online data base.
mcnair55

Post by mcnair55 »

I think Brads site has more or less finished,difficult to log into barely a new post and poor old Brad running a new business with precious little time for the hobby and to correct his once vibrant offering.

The sad fact is there is not really a good alternative,the US&A sites are mainly back slapping and guys getting a boner because they found the latest Matchbox creation.
mbox75

Post by mbox75 »

Hi Everyone

Friday had registered me at Brads Matchbox Cobra to Using Lesney Superfast 1969-1983 so the more movement coming.Have forum but so far no confirmation for the login password.

Cheers Mathias
SITE ADMIN WARNING: ANY PRE-PRODUCTION MODELS PICTURED IN THIS POST BY MBOX75 MAY BE FAKES!
mcnair55

Post by mcnair55 »

mbox75 wrote:Hi Everyone

Friday had registered me at Brads Matchbox Cobra to Using Lesney Superfast 1969-1983 so the more movement coming.Have forum but so far no confirmation for the login password.

Cheers Mathias

They have 500+ members it is about time some started posting to help save the site or it will down the tubes through lack of use.I suggest you join the MCCH as well.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Brad, and those who are aware, have gone back to using the old forum at the old address. I've made a couple of posts over there and while the site still has the bugs that prompted a move, the place is still workable.