Casting #24

A showcase of !-75 reg wheel models, a new model every week
Ecclesley

Re: Casting #24

Post by Ecclesley »

kwakers wrote:I wish you the best luck on being able to buy them as a group tonight. kwakers
I closed the deal, they will be sent to me and I expect them to arrive next week.
The quickest way to end a war? Lose it!
See (part of) my collection here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/broadcaster/
Ecclesley

Post by Ecclesley »

And they arrived today. Just a bunch of nicely (re)painted 24C's. I will add some silver to the rear bumpers myself, and detail the front/rear indicators.
Attachments
P1090832.JPG
P1090832.JPG (122.7 KiB) Viewed 7442 times
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Glad you have now got them Gerrit. My favourite is the medium Blue example at top right of your picture, looks very like the intended original colour for this model.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Ecclesley

Post by Ecclesley »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Glad you have now got them Gerrit. My favourite is the medium Blue example at top right of your picture, looks very like the intended original colour for this model.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Thanks Kevin for sharing my happiness.
This was one of the strangest deals I have ever done.
Being outbid considerably and still getting them (highest bidder did not withdraw). And on top of that, free of postal charges.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Perhaps those other bidders thought they were colour trial models and how you got them in preference is odd if you were outbid!

GHOSTHUNTER.
ritchie

Post by ritchie »

Referring to the pinky Silver Shadow previously discussed in this thread, I recently found a SIlver Shadow in cherry red. It had some playwears which revealed a pink undercoat. It's the same shade of pink as the pinky Silver Shadow.
DSC_1540s.jpg
DSC_1540s.jpg (85.02 KiB) Viewed 7315 times
DSC_1541s.jpg
DSC_1541s.jpg (88.03 KiB) Viewed 7315 times
DSC_1542s.jpg
DSC_1542s.jpg (77.34 KiB) Viewed 7315 times
Ritchie
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

ritchie wrote:Referring to the pinky Silver Shadow previously discussed in this thread, I recently found a SIlver Shadow in cherry red. It had some playwears which revealed a pink undercoat. It's the same shade of pink as the pinky Silver Shadow.
...and another piece of the great Lesney jigsaw falls neatly into place.
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

Yes! A very nice picture that should be added to the Lesney Overpaints thread we had started a few months ago. I had missed the thread on that early pink coloured Rolls from that swap meet, so this new thread was very much appreciated to gain knowledge of that very early Rolls pink colour shade I had originally missed. Another great variation to watch out for, I have never seen anything quite like it in handling and viewing thousands of this regular wheel Rolls model. The overpainted model now brings the question of original undercoat(?), or simply an early colour trial batch with some of them later painted over(?) before being boxed and delivered to the public. Those are two very nice finds that deserve a picture at Nick's site now as a possible new code one for this Rolls model. kwakers
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Very pleased to have added this 24b to the collection with fine tread GPW to the front. J
24b Fine tread GPW
24b Fine tread GPW
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
EarlyWheels

Post by EarlyWheels »

Thanks for the share on the FGPW 24B - they are hard to find