#07, Casting

A showcase of !-75 reg wheel models, a new model every week
Idris
Site Admin

Re: Casting #7

Post by Idris »

tjlglass wrote:Hugh might be interested in my latest find.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351263769139? ... EBIDX%3AIT
I had spotted that and had corresponded with the vendor about it. I was told that the axles were not original to the model.
I'm extremely interested to know what you makie of it when it arrives. (It looks to have a completely untrimmed horse, but is that vestigial trim on the crates?)
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

This is indeed a strange one Hugh, when I went to clean it in warm soapy water it appears to have a very thin layer of something on it and when dried of it flakes off sort of paper like. If you can image dipping it in a thin children's gloy type glue then letting it dry then taking it off later you will sort of understand. There is no trim on this model whatsoever ? My 1st thoughts when I see this model was that it was strange and I bid very high as it was coming home to me, no matter what lol. After winning this I came across your model and they look exactly the same, has yours got any substance on it ? My thought are now what they were then that this is a wheel trial model but I'm baffled by the strange covering. Will post a picture when I can work out my photo sharing password.
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

photo below.
Last edited by tjlglass on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

tjlglass wrote:After winning this I came across your model and they look exactly the same, has yours got any substance on it ? My thought are now what they were then that this is a wheel trial model but I'm baffled by the strange covering.
Mine has no secondary coating at all. (Could it be some kind of varnish on yours?)
I take it that you're happy with the axle ends? (I note that your axles are also on the long side.)
As I said previously, my horse is very loose in the shafts and it may well be that it is not original to the model. Certainly an untrimmed horse makes a lot more sense with these untrimmed, 2a-wheeled carts.)
We definitely need to get the two models together for comparison and a photograph before you pass it on!
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Don't know what the substance is but I've stopped cleaning it as the paint is starting to just flake off with the more stuck on parts of what ever the substance is ? Very strange indeed.