Casting # 75

A showcase of !-75 reg wheel models, a new model every week
nearlymint

Re: Casting # 75

Post by nearlymint »

Very nice model John, colour is very interesting. Can you see up in the arches, does it look the same inside and out.
Condition is superb , very nice addition.
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

nearlymint wrote:Very nice model John, colour is very interesting. Can you see up in the arches, does it look the same inside and out.
Condition is superb , very nice addition.
J
This is a strange one Jason. I bought it loose a few years ago and it was a fairly standard looking green in a poor photo but not 100% right, although I was surprised when I unwrapped it because it was so different to the photo and any other 75b's that I had. What colour you can see underneath is a match for the body. The base and window rivets and all fine and the paint finish looks good too. It could be a paint error or a colour trial. I did look some time back for models with a similar colour but I couldn't find anything that fitted the bill. The one on Nick's page which is described as blue/green looks similar to this one but the blue/green that I have is quite different next to it, so it's a puzzle :?: :D Reg is right, it's more of a silvery green or possibly a metallic seagreen. Any ideas anyone?
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

johnboy wrote:My unusual 75b.
Could this be the true colour of the model depicted in the first-type box art? (If so, this would be a very early body casting and a search for casting differences might prove rewarding.)
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Idris wrote:
johnboy wrote:My unusual 75b.
Could this be the true colour of the model depicted in the first-type box art? (If so, this would be a very early body casting and a search for casting differences might prove rewarding.)
I'll have a look tomorrow Hugh.
John
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Casting modifications, casting faults and surface abrasions are what I have studied for Years on my Rolls-Royce models and is a great help in identifying a models pedigree, but you really need a good dozen or so examples and you ideally need to have Two reference models, I.E. a model you already know is the the earliest example made and then a model you know is about the last example made. If you are fortunate enough to have those, then all the other examples can be identified and put into the correct 'Time-Line'.

You also want to look at how the paint has been applied to the model, all the oversprayed areas inside wheel-arches, onto the underside of the boot and bonnet areas and inside door jam panels.

If you have to do this with lots of different models you will go mad in the process, I have done out of choice, but it has taken what seems to me, a lifetime to get each of my 'Rollers' in presentable 'Time-Lines'.

Ghosty.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Thanks for that insight Ghosty. It sounds like you're ready for a new challenge :D

I checked the 75b and it has a plated base so I tend to think it's not a very early model. There's not much to note in comparison with others but the interior colour is slightly darker and there is some painted flashing on one of the rear light clusters which I don't remember seeing before.
John
numi

Post by numi »

johnboy wrote: I checked the 75b and it has a plated base so I tend to think it's not a very early model. There's not much to note in comparison with others but the interior colour is slightly darker and there is some painted flashing on one of the rear light clusters which I don't remember seeing before.
Hi JB,could this be relative to sunfade?
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

numi wrote:
johnboy wrote: I checked the 75b and it has a plated base so I tend to think it's not a very early model. There's not much to note in comparison with others but the interior colour is slightly darker and there is some painted flashing on one of the rear light clusters which I don't remember seeing before.
numi
I hope not Numi. In the back of my mind, I think Mathias may have a similar one.
John
numi

Post by numi »

johnboy wrote:
numi wrote:
numi
I hope not Numi. In the back of my mind, I think Mathias may have a similar one.
Fingers crossed for u JB....Mathias where are u when we need u?? :D
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Silly me, it's on page 1 of this thread :oops: it looks darker than mine but it's described as blue :?:
John