Lincoln Models.

Not British, But were in the EEC now!
Ewan

Re: Lincoln Models.

Post by Ewan »

A happy little accident has brought me my first Lincoln Model, this 'Land Liner' coach from the Hong Kong era. The photos were blurred, the model was on it's own so I had no idea of size and the description stated there was writing underneath which they could not read. Jumping to conclusions I thought I was looking at something from the late 1940s and Dinky sized so you can imagine my reaction when I opened the box :o :!: :lol:

It is without doubt a simplified copy of Lesney's 21 coach, it has the same number of windows and the same 3 panels on the roof. I really like it, to a recovering bus geek the simplified side trim pattern gives it the air of a 1930/40s coach rather than mid 50s.
DSCN0425 (450x337).jpg
DSCN0425 (450x337).jpg (68.24 KiB) Viewed 5153 times
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

Ewan wrote:A happy little accident has brought me my first Lincoln Model, this 'Land Liner' coach from the Hong Kong era.
Well done Ewen - but just for the record I'd like to see us adopt a reference style, that I use myself, when referring to these models: I refer to them as Lincoln NZ and Lincoln HK so that the Americans don't get confused with the OTHER North American based Lincoln toy companies. :lol:

I always refer to Lincoln International toys as such, to differentiate them from the smaller Lincoln HK and the earlier Lincoln NZ toys. :D Can get blooming confusing otherwise!

Ian
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I agree with that idea Ian, just saying Lincoln Models could mean a number of products. So, would you mind having a go at sorting them out in as much as putting down the main titles (based on what you have put in your post above, Lincoln NZ and Lincoln HK etc), and placing under those titles what you consider was made within their product line...examples shown below.

Lincoln HK...Plastic friction powered toy vehicles,
Lincoln NZ...Matchbox inspired metal toy vehicles,

Would that work, what do you think.

Ghosthunter.
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:I agree with that idea Ian, just saying Lincoln Models could mean a number of products. So, would you mind having a go at sorting them out in as much as putting down the main titles (based on what you have put in your post above, Lincoln NZ and Lincoln HK etc), and placing under those titles what you consider was made within their product line...examples shown below.

Lincoln HK...Plastic friction powered toy vehicles,
Lincoln NZ...Matchbox inspired metal toy vehicles,

Would that work, what do you think.

Ghosthunter.
I'll work on that today and may have to pull some info from home via daughter who has not yet returned to school and can bring it to me on the bus :D

Ian
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

Interim History of the Lincoln brand is here.... tomorrow I'll post a brief note on the companies and the toys they produced.

Ian
matchboxkiwi

Post by matchboxkiwi »

019.JPG
019.JPG (167.6 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
020.JPG
020.JPG (111 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
021.JPG
021.JPG (111.48 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
022.JPG
022.JPG (164.43 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
023.JPG
023.JPG (135.68 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
024.JPG
024.JPG (126.76 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
025.JPG
025.JPG (156.13 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
026.JPG
026.JPG (131.98 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
027.JPG
027.JPG (147.3 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
Cheers, Steve
Matchboxkiwi
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank's Steve, an excellent contribution, a collection to be very proud of.

Ghosthunter.
matchboxkiwi

Post by matchboxkiwi »

Thanks, Ghosthunter but to be honest these are from a good collector friends collection who is also a board member here. I'm sure he'll be along soon to comment on them. I do have a few but not this many.

Cheers Steve
Matchboxkiwi

PS Ghosty, I did warn you that once I got this re sizing thing sorted you wouldn't be able to stop me posting stuff. I hope you and other members are finding some of my postings interesting. I haven't even begun scratching the surface yet!!!!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

[quote=PS Ghosty, I did warn you that once I got this re sizing thing sorted you wouldn't be able to stop me posting stuff. I hope you and other members are finding some of my postings interesting. I haven't even begun scratching the surface yet!!!![/quote]

Bring it on Steve, just bring it on... :D

Ghosty.
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

matchboxkiwi wrote:Thanks, Ghosthunter but to be honest these are from a good collector friends collection who is also a board member here. I'm sure he'll be along soon to comment on them. I do have a few but not this many.

Cheers Steve
Matchboxkiwi

PS Ghosty, I did warn you that once I got this re sizing thing sorted you wouldn't be able to stop me posting stuff. I hope you and other members are finding some of my postings interesting. I haven't even begun scratching the surface yet!!!!
Steve - just as well I read this thread to the end before chastising you for not showing any two tone Hong Kong Lincolns... :D

Make sure you dig out those photos you showed me (especially the one of the Rolls Royce with the NZ Parliamentary Crest on it that we puzzled over years ago when I was in the Ghuznee St Shop - that was nearly 11 years ago!) - I'm sure Kevin would be interested in seeing that one!

BTW: Checked my various books including the Kemlows book and still can't find your wee tractor - still think it might be a Tuckerbox, Lincoln or similar. Definitely not in the Wardie or Master Models range - they had different wheels.

Ian