Re: 69c Rolls Royce Silver Shadow

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Brad Pittiful wrote:so just too many to list then? :lol:
At the moment Brad, yes!!

Ghosty.
Lummox

Post by Lummox »

I'm dying to make a Park Ward hard top Coupe using the roof from #24.

I've done the eye-balling and everything will BASICALLY line up fine, and have the two donors in the bone yard.

Main problem is the angle of the sedan's C pillar is a bit steeper than the coupe's.
That will take some serious slicing and dicing, but anything is do-able with JB Weld epoxy!

I really enjoy this thread Ghosty and have been studying it's many pages. Such a unusual beauty, right up there with the iconic #24.
Learning a lot and I thank you!

Lum
MoKo~LoCo
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank you Lum. It is a beautiful model and a forum thread about it was bound to be interesting for various reasons. The way the thread has panned out is sheer coincidence but I hope members have found it interesting and informative.

There is still a lot to be posted here when I can find somewhere to do the photography, because my recent Family issues turning my World upside down means I have lost a lot of spare space I had before the end of 2016.

At least Two members here have done the dhc to hard top you mention, with their finished models probably in here...Tinman's Toybox the Restorations and Customs forum.

Ghosthunter.
Lummox

Post by Lummox »

Found the butterscotch one w/silver top. Well done.

But it really illustrates how much the rear roof pillars need to be raked forward and thinned out a bit.
MoKo~LoCo
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Lummox wrote:Found the butterscotch one w/silver top. Well done.

But it really illustrates how much the rear roof pillars need to be raked forward and thinned out a bit.
Before we take over this thread with model building tips, I wiil just say that if it were me, I would make new 'C' pillars out of 'Plasticard' as I don not have the right tools to rework the metal of #24's roof.

Ghosthunter.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

So, I have been searching for a number of years to find a #69 with the Aqua-Green base. Found this picture connected to ebay suggesting it was sold on an ebay site but no longer available due to the size of the picture and no more pictures or the sold entry could be found. My ebay search skills are not up to some forum members!
IS THIS REAL!!!.jpg
IS THIS REAL!!!.jpg (16.32 KiB) Viewed 6207 times
Any member or guest viewer of the forum know of this model or have access to it.

Ghosthunter.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:So, I have been searching for a number of years to find a #69 with the Aqua-Green base. Found this picture connected to ebay suggesting it was sold on an ebay site but no longer available due to the size of the picture and no more pictures or the sold entry could be found. My ebay search skills are not up to some forum members!
IS THIS REAL!!!.jpg
Any member or guest viewer of the forum know of this model or have access to it.

Ghosthunter.
Kevin, other than this image, what makes you so sure that this variation actually exists. It is not a listed variation that I can find. I would love to be told otherwise.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

This version was mentioned in an old collector magazine, 'Diecast Collector' or 'Model Collector', both british publications. It was a Rolls-Royce models article featuring models made by matchbox.

For many years I have had a feeling of seeing a picture of this version, tied to an article in a model magazine. I have all of those magazines I mention but can not sort through them for practicle reasons, so the model with an aqua-green base has always been in my mind since first reading the article, but no further evidence since then has been found and certainly no model has been found to support what is supposed to exist in the magazine!

So finding the picture above has come as a bit of a surprise and I hope it is real and even if not real but a fake...it is clearly faking a model with an aqua-green base, meaning a genuine example does exist!

Ghosthunter.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:This version was mentioned in an old collector magazine, 'Diecast Collector' or 'Model Collector', both british publications. It was a Rolls-Royce models article featuring models made by matchbox.

For many years I have had a feeling of seeing a picture of this version, tied to an article in a model magazine. I have all of those magazines I mention but can not sort through them for practicle reasons, so the model with an aqua-green base has always been in my mind since first reading the article, but no further evidence since then has been found and certainly no model has been found to support what is supposed to exist in the magazine!

So finding the picture above has come as a bit of a surprise and I hope it is real and even if not real but a fake...it is clearly faking a model with an aqua-green base, meaning a genuine example does exist!

Ghosthunter.
I would be very careful before assuming such a conclusion Kevin, in 30 years I have not seen a #69 with this base colour. I would need to see a couple of examples in collections with good antecedent history before I would be content that they actually exist.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Hi Ghosty,
Can you tell me if the petrol filler cap was made slightly bigger during production or is it the cast lines were made a little bit thicker, looking the other day and the earlier models seem slightly different but maybe I need some new glasses.
Cheers J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home