69c Rolls Royce Silver Shadow

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: 69c Rolls Royce Silver Shadow

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The possibility of a 'Long Seat' within a 'Gold' issue certainly is not impossible (old stock components etc), but so far seems unlikely. The 'Long Seat' moulding can almost certainly be seen as a moulding first used in the known preproduction models moulded in a Creamy-off White. The colour change from those off White (Vanilla on Nick's listing), seats to the dark Orange (Orange-Brown on Nick's listing), must have happened just before the model went full production, but for some reason the long seat moulding never got fitted and this is classic Time-Line screw-up for us collectors, because for a very long time I always had my example as being the very first version, but other factors have since proven this was not the case and I have had to reposition it further along the time line!

One other point to note is these long seat mouldings have (so far!), only been seen on the first body casting with the sharp cornered cut-outs under the rear bumper for the towing arm.

Ghosthunter.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

ok...i received the car today...and to my surprise...it doesnt have the long interior...the angle of the pic sure fooled me...i examined the photos to the car i was sent...its the same car...so it was the angle that got me oh well

since i examined this car with the photos from ebay...i pulled out one i had in my rotating counter display...i may have one or two beaters around that i will check over too

what i found on the car i received today was different from the one i had on display...im not sure if these are known variations by some...i didnt see them listed on nicks guide

i noticed the door locks under the door handle are different sizes

noticed the trunk/boot when opened the the hinge openings are different sizes

when turned over the slotted area where the tow hook sits is wider than the other

are these known to you guys (kev?) please check your models
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Dan. I am so annoyed for you for not getting a 'Long Seat' version, but as we all know, one will come your way eventually (he says with fingers crossed!!).

Yes those differences you mention have been recorded and you can read about them here...viewtopic.php?f=8&t=358&start=30#p3027

Ghosthunter.
fixer

Post by fixer »

I love that Dan... Wondering if Kev knows of any variations on a Rolls Royce model :lol: :lol: :lol:
reg
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Hi Dan. I am so annoyed for you for not getting a 'Long Seat' version, but as we all know, one will come your way eventually (he says with fingers crossed!!).

Yes those differences you mention have been recorded and you can read about them here...viewtopic.php?f=8&t=358&start=30#p3027

Ghosthunter.
thanks man...ill keep looking...and thanks for the limk
fixer wrote:I love that Dan... Wondering if Kev knows of any variations on a Rolls Royce model :lol: :lol: :lol:
im just covering all bases :lol:
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Did I mention that I have a mint 'long seat' #69?

;) sometimes I can't help myself.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

motorman wrote:Did I mention that I have a mint 'long seat' #69?

;) sometimes I can't help myself.
There has been someone banging on about a long seat model around the forum...was that you then :roll:

Ghosty.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

well i went to nicks guide to code my new rolls and one reason i brought up the differences with the bodies variations because they arent listed

if i go by nicks table these models are the same code...but they arent as like i said...they are both different...one has large door locks smaller boot hinge openings and smaller tow hook slot...other models in the guide have slight differences and have their own code...this model has significant differences and does not...does nick have a plan to add these differences to the guide sometime?
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I am not sure how the new variations will be added as Nick has taken the decision to lock the codes. New variations will possably appear in side notes. The problem with such a listing, it will always be subject to additional information coming along.

Something that could be done is as Nick has done by locking the codes to create the finished guide for the model, this then becomes the basic code listing every one can use as a starting point for their models but with reference to a more detailed listing with a link to it on the forum.

My own collection of this model is quite rediculous, because of the many differences I have found, because there are Two distinct main body castings to start with before we look at the finer details. A definitive listing is I am afraid just a dream at the moment.

Ghosthunter.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

so just too many to list then? :lol: