35c Merryweather Fire Engine

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
johnboy

Re: 35c Merryweather Fire Engine

Post by johnboy »

Comparing the pre-pro casting to the production models I've got, there are three differences. There's no sill, it has the double locker doors but also there is a difference in the casting at the foot of the cab doors. It also has shorter clips compared with all my others.
Attachments
IMG_3606.JPG
IMG_3606.JPG (94.02 KiB) Viewed 801 times
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
fixer

Post by fixer »

Only slightly miffed that I never looked properly johnboy... Only slightly :mrgreen:
reg
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

fixer wrote:Only slightly miffed that I never looked properly johnboy... Only slightly :mrgreen:
Cheer up Reg, I've lost count of the number of goodies I've missed for various reasons. I did get to the toyfair early and picked this one up just after 10.00am so I may have found it before you got there, what time did you arrive? Believe it or not, this was in a box marked 3 for a £1 or 8 for £2 so I went the whole hog and spent £2 :D
John
fixer

Post by fixer »

Got there the same time.... I wondered who pushed me away :lol:
reg
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

fixer wrote:Got there the same time.... I wondered who pushed me away :lol:
:lol: If I'm found bound and gagged outside the next toyfair, I'll know who's responsible.
John
fixer

Post by fixer »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
reg
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

johnboy wrote:Comparing the pre-pro casting to the production models I've got, there are three differences. There's no sill, it has the double locker doors but also there is a difference in the casting at the foot of the cab doors. It also has shorter clips compared with all my others.
Hi John,
This casting is the first production run I think, the prepro casting would have the 4 hose holes at the top on the rear open same as the regular wheel prepro.
You will find other differences I think as well, the top locators for the ladder should be smaller also around the top lights are smaller. These were all on the old site but its good now you are listing them again.
I may still have some pictures which I will try and add.
Jason
Attachments
35c
35c
35.jpg (193.76 KiB) Viewed 781 times
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Thanks for the great info Jason, I also noticed that the early baseplates are smooth under the clips and the later ones have ribs next to the apertures (sorry for the rubbish photos), I don't know which codes I have yet. I found one model in metallic red with 12.6mm wheels all-round, (about 1/2 inch,) I don't know if there's more out there, but potentially could be a new code unless it's an error piece.
Attachments
IMG_3605.JPG
IMG_3605.JPG (54.34 KiB) Viewed 775 times
IMG_3604.JPG
IMG_3604.JPG (63.42 KiB) Viewed 775 times
IMG_3600.JPG
IMG_3600.JPG (64.53 KiB) Viewed 775 times
John
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

"(Sorry for the rubbish photos)"...Now johnboy, did you not learn anything in class the other day, NO, you'd rather sit there, gazing out of the window, watching the girls playing netball, I'm afraid your homework is going to be even more intense this week..................................................................... :x :x
Attachments
Part of johnboy's other little world!.JPG
Part of johnboy's other little world!.JPG (34.58 KiB) Viewed 765 times
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:"(Sorry for the rubbish photos)"...Now johnboy, did you not learn anything in class the other day, NO, you'd rather sit there, gazing out of the window, watching the girls playing netball, I'm afraid your homework is going to be even more intense this week..................................................................... :x :x
:lol: Damn, I've been sussed again.
John