Vintage bus lines

Corgi & Husky toys by Mettoy
LUFF

Re: Vintage bus lines

Post by LUFF »

As it has been 27 years that the first Corgi/Mattel vintage bus line catalogue (1994) was issued ,it seems that i am one of only a few people who have collected the model range maybe the only one in the UK ??,because there is very little information out in collecting land it may be the 1:50th scale did put collectors off .

Having collected ,production models, pre-production , resin sample, the Catlogues and artwork plus a lot of pictures of repainted CODE3 models that have appeared on the internet( yes there is less than the Limited Edition certificate says, as how many have been repainted is any ones guess) , i have an archive of this short time in Corgi history .
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

...and good for you in doing all that. It takes collectors such as yourself to be able to supply such information when books are being researched for just such seemingly un-collected models.
LUFF

Post by LUFF »

Thankyou Ghosthunter ,you do the same for Rolls Royce models

It didn't start out that way just that as things came up for sale I realized that pre pro/ sample models were spread around ( I didn't win all sales ) but now a few are in one place.
Diecastmolester

Post by Diecastmolester »

Although 1/50 scale seems odd at first glance, it ties in quite nicely with the vintage Corgi and Dinky cars, which were much closer to 1/50 than 1/43.
However, making them 1/50 must have cost them even in scientific terms a metric shitload of sales.
Cowydd O'Lochdown-Bragsitt
LUFF

Post by LUFF »

The scale of 1:50 may have been influenced by REEVES the US distributor of Corgi products and Mattel ,the pages are from a catalogue date 1995/96 plainly aimed at LIONEL railroad owners .

The MCI is another story.
Attachments
img125.jpg
img126.jpg
LUFF

Post by LUFF »

Hi Bill

Purchased your book UEof CT, received today 23 Jan now settling down for a read I will get back later .
Bill Manzke

Post by Bill Manzke »

LUFF wrote:Sorry i have not read your book , all the information is from my own research as books concentrate on the Swansea years up till 1983 , the only book that I did buy is
Corgi Classics price guide by Simon Epton that lists models produced from 1984 to 2008
That book just lists models by Corgi number, type of model , livery's and price but it is very incomplete ( I think it is information from " Toy Price Guide Magazine" )

The vintage bus line seems to be more popular in the US, though people collect the model they like in the livery they may have rode on .
First time I've seen that book. Interesting.
At the beach, counting down to retirement.
Bill Manzke

Post by Bill Manzke »

LUFF wrote:Hi Bill

Purchased your book UEof CT, received today 23 Jan now settling down for a read I will get back later .
Enjoy!
Bill Manzke

Post by Bill Manzke »

Oh, I forgot to mention, I used to be the Supervisor of Aftermarket Engineering for North American Bus Industries (NABI). I am very familiar with real American buses,
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

LUFF wrote:Sorry i have not read your book , all the information is from my own research as books concentrate on the Swansea years up till 1983 , the only book that I did buy is Corgi Classics price guide by Simon Epton that lists models produced from 1984 to 2008
I don't think that the first of the three books mentioned has an entry in the Forum's Reference Library (hint, hint).