Skybusters (Lesney)

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
charliep

Re: Skybusters (Lesney)

Post by charliep »

I would like to help with pictures etc. but most of my Skybuster collection is stored away at the moment. It is quite comprehensive.
Another good source of information is the website run by John Nijhuis: http://www.mbxforum.com. A lot of good work has been done
collecting the information especially in the catalogs section. Well worth the visit.
Charlie
Attachments
Skybusters.jpg
Skybusters.jpg (184.5 KiB) Viewed 12202 times
SuperFast

Post by SuperFast »

Thank you Charlie,
my Skybusters are stored too. But here I have from a former Rockertron sale my favourite model as pre pro/ color trial:
Silver with olive drab and different labels.
SB14_Cessna_prepro.jpg
SB14_Cessna_prepro.jpg (301.1 KiB) Viewed 12021 times
BTW: In the catalogue I can see the abbreviation SP for Skybuster instead of SB.
What does SP mean?
S.
Infected by Superfast
charliep

Post by charliep »

SP stands for Super Planes. That was their original name, in fact, on the very first releases back in 1973 the blister packs have SP1, SP2 etc.
Attachments
Beechcraft D17 Bi-Plane.jpg
Beechcraft D17 Bi-Plane.jpg (202.79 KiB) Viewed 12011 times
BAC Jet Provost Trainer.jpg
BAC Jet Provost Trainer.jpg (204.74 KiB) Viewed 12011 times
SuperFast

Post by SuperFast »

Thanks for showing these beautiful resine prototypes.
I think there must be more lover of skybusters out there, because Rockertron had dozens of Skybusters - normal product line, pre pros and resine prototypes - for sale. I got only the Cessna above and three different Boing 747 from his sale.
There were many bidders.
In the lack of resine prototypes, meanwhile my favourite model in variations:
SB14_Cessna_w_o_windows_wire_landing_gear.jpg
SB14_Cessna_w_o_windows_wire_landing_gear.jpg (285.76 KiB) Viewed 11968 times
SB14_Cessna_w_o_windows.jpg
SB14_Cessna_w_o_windows.jpg (297.64 KiB) Viewed 11968 times
SB14_Cessna_green_windows.jpg
SB14_Cessna_green_windows.jpg (317.19 KiB) Viewed 11968 times
SB14_Cessna_clear_windows.jpg
SB14_Cessna_clear_windows.jpg (931.75 KiB) Viewed 11968 times
SB14_Cessna_amber_windows.jpg
SB14_Cessna_amber_windows.jpg (287.76 KiB) Viewed 11968 times
Regards
S.
Infected by Superfast
bobneumann

Post by bobneumann »

Les Veitch published another "Skybuster News" newsletter today which includes info on new and old releases and pre-productions and prototypes. You can get a harcopy via standard mail or an email copy. Contact Les at av011f5525@blueyonder.co.uk.

Thanks,
Bob
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

charliep wrote:Hi Sven,
The Skybusters is another range of Matchbox Toys that often times is not given much attention. First produced around 1973, the number of
different models is well over 100 not counting the hundreds of variations & scores of prepros.
For the serious collector, the best reference book is Les Veitch's publication "The Skybuster Range of Diecast Aircraft". It is the bible of skybusters,
extremely informative, highly detailed & easy to follow with many pictures.
Charlie
I found this but unfortunately can not read Czech language

https://aukro.cz/matchbox-skybusters-bo ... 6936011973

marcel
matchboxmarcel
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Translation.

Matchbox book on Skybusters aircraft. By Alexander "Les" Veitch with many color photographs and a clear catalog of aircraft versions. He deals with the SB series from the beginning in Lesney England to the end with Mattela. The excellent condition of the book, texts describing the models are of course in English. Interested parties can send me email updates of this book for viewing in PDF format. Free of charge in Prague, elsewhere according to ČP price list. Ask for details or another photo.

I am currently selling my general collection of Matchbox models, collecting the production program of the factory from 1982 to 1992 (Universal years). I keep only MoYe and Dinky from this period for the son. Fill in your white space in the collection or other variants (even very rare). I will also help you with identification and Matchbox literature if you do not know how. Collected on exchanges and eBay (login sable) abroad from 2005 to 2017. It is a private auction of private collection - no business. Disadvantage - the vast majority of models I have only one copy. Good luck to you.
Bob
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

YYS4BOB wrote:Translation.

Matchbox book on Skybusters aircraft. By Alexander "Les" Veitch with many color photographs and a clear catalog of aircraft versions. He deals with the SB series from the beginning in Lesney England to the end with Mattela. The excellent condition of the book, texts describing the models are of course in English. Interested parties can send me email updates of this book for viewing in PDF format. Free of charge in Prague, elsewhere according to ČP price list. Ask for details or another photo.

I am currently selling my general collection of Matchbox models, collecting the production program of the factory from 1982 to 1992 (Universal years). I keep only MoYe and Dinky from this period for the son. Fill in your white space in the collection or other variants (even very rare). I will also help you with identification and Matchbox literature if you do not know how. Collected on exchanges and eBay (login sable) abroad from 2005 to 2017. It is a private auction of private collection - no business. Disadvantage - the vast majority of models I have only one copy. Good luck to you.
thanks Bob, did not know your Czech was such good ! Must have leaned a lot with Alex his visits to your place. :D
matchboxmarcel
SuperFast

Post by SuperFast »

Thanks Marcel,
nice book, but the offer has expired.
Will searching for this at ebay.
Sven
Infected by Superfast
bobneumann

Post by bobneumann »

SuperFast wrote:Thanks Marcel,
nice book, but the offer has expired.
Will searching for this at ebay.
Sven
Sven,
You can contact the author (Les Veitch) directly to get a copy. His email is: av011f5525@blueyonder.co.uk.

Bob