I wonder about postings

The Matchbox box, blister, catalogue and paperwork forum.
Moyboy

Re: I wonder about postings

Post by Moyboy »

I love George's posts even though my Regular collecting is small scale and cheap - no boxes. As long as they look ok from a distance thats fine by me. I read almost everything posted here as the whole of Matchbox history intrigues me since I never had one as a kid but like Joe I liked the simpler life of a kid back then and my real favorites go back even further with all those early slush cast models that look like no actual; model at all. Not many of these as my main stuff was yesteryears so thats what most are but smatterings of each range except SUPERFAST ! - to me they are so bloody ugly, garish and yucky, the same as Hotwheels - models dreamed up by wannabee hot rodders but the kids nowadays like them.
I remember buying a whole collection of these from a guy who bought one every week from his paper round but he needed the money to pay the mortgage and was almost crying when I packed them all up. I sold most at $5 and $10 for earlier ones and looking at Vectis prices think I made a big mistake and should have hung on to them, but then again I sold a whole MB38 collection for peanuts which included Ben Franklin and prepros and also original mock up from the MB73. Now the Collectibles are all gone so another complete apart from 2 issues has gone the same way.
MOY, Majors,Kingsize, Playmats, Giftware, Catalogues, early toys and other bits are still surviving here though