Re: MOTORMANS FINDS

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The Army Green is a Colour Trial and with wide wheels should not be with the included box in the background.

GHOSTHUNTER.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

It is all too easy to use the term 'Pre-Production' for so many models when in fact they are simply 'Colour Trial' models and can be found during a model's whole production period.

So many models on Christian's site are 'Colour Trials' not 'Pre-Production' in the truest sense.

GHOSTHUNTER.
fixer

Post by fixer »

some nice finds Al
like Kev I would be concerned about the ladder for the possibility that they can easily be replaced , I really hope it's not though
what colour is the darker wildcat base ? it looks like a mix of bronze and orange on my screen, the rest of the car looks a normal shade to me
red hub jag looks good to me but what do I know :lol:
love the darker blue on the haha
then the Brazilians #45 is cool in blue but my favourite of them all is the piston popper
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Well, if it can be proven these ladders as shown above on the Rolls-Royce were first fitted to the Merryweather, it means the 'Forty Years' book is wrong and the History of the Rolls-Royce is wrong and given that the contributors to the 'Forty Years' book are ex senior members of staff at Lesney!!

GHOSTHUNTER.
Clearly they were drunk? :?

This has become a little confusing truth be told Kevin!!! :?
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
numi

Post by numi »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:The Army Green is a Colour Trial and with wide wheels should not be with the included box in the background.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Hi Ghosty,should this Army Green specimen be in an earlier box or none at all? Thanks.
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
motorman

Post by motorman »

fixer wrote:some nice finds Al
like Kev I would be concerned about the ladder for the possibility that they can easily be replaced , I really hope it's not though
what colour is the darker wildcat base ? it looks like a mix of bronze and orange on my screen, the rest of the car looks a normal shade to me
red hub jag looks good to me but what do I know :lol:
love the darker blue on the haha
then the Brazilians #45 is cool in blue but my favourite of them all is the piston popper
Thanks Reginald, the darker wildcat base is orange in colour. Glad you like my Piston popper!!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Yes Johnboy, the ladder too easily comes of the Merryweather, but ladders taken from the Rolls-Royce often leaves small scratches where the ladder is held more firmly with a double set of clamps. There is a method to be used on the Rolls-Royce for removing the ladder without leaving marks, but not everyone will work out what needs to be done to achieve this, so many ladders have the tell-tale signs of being taken off the Rolls-Royce.

GHOSTHUNTER.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hello Numi, the wheels on that Army Green model (Colour Trial), are telling me the model is from the production period of the 'Twin-Pack' version, so that makes it 1978 if my memory is correct, so the box shown in your picture clearly is much earlier, but if it has been with the model all it's life, it suggests the box was just used from old stock as it had a matching model on it's artwork, the nearest box Lesney staff could find at the time.

GHOSTHUNTER.
numi

Post by numi »

Thanks Ghosty. This model actually came unboxed and i decided to house it in this early crisp box.I like all my pre-pros to be housed safely & comfortably if possible... :D
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

numi wrote:Thanks Ghosty. This model actually came unboxed and i decided to house it in this early crisp box.I like all my pre-pros to be housed safely & comfortably if possible... :D
numi
That's fine Numi, the single model was deleted from the range during 1974, so if you had to, a box from that period would maybe be more suitable for your model, as when it cam out again for 'Twin-Pack' marketing in 1978, it was 'Blisted Card' mounted.

GHOSTHUNTER.