Faker alert

Anything eBay, Tell us your story, win lose or warn!
kwakers

Re: Faker alert

Post by kwakers »

Great Post and exchange of thoughts with Nik Numi! He now realizes he has our Forum's support for his unique models, and that we are now all aware of the other shmuck's bogus attempt at re-marketing them IMMEDIATELY as true pre-pros. His lies he tells concerning Nik's models right to Nik himself are simply amazing to me. This is the type of lowlife I envisioned being put on our 'Not to Be Trusted on Anything list'. We Agree wholeheartedly on this scum Numi!!!
I would open up a chilled Beverage to celebrate if I was not on my way out to a Valentines Day Breakfast with the Wife and our family.....Simply Great Work you have done here Numi! Please also invite Nik here to our Forum so that his models, and also his skills can be admired by all on our Forum who may be very interested and in fact inspired by them. Cheers, kwakers
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

All the more reason why he should mark his models. It clears up any question that it's a Nick Special and to be honest if it was my work I would want everyone to know as his models are a work of art in there own right and might become collectable in the future. For me it's like an artist signing his masterpieces.
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

I totally agree Tim. I have a 'Custom' Baraby done 45A in red that I now wish I had thought to have him personally mark the base on. He is now gone from marketing his very nicely done 'Customs', but an artists mark, or perhaps even their signature would provide provenance, protection, and also added value when these high quality 'fillers' are someday sold out of a collection. kwakers
cOO7rgi

Post by cOO7rgi »

tjlglass wrote:He should Mark them on the base and because he doesn't then for me, he is part of the problem. There are a few of us who deal in GENUINE Pre Pro's and its things like this that really piss me off as it devalues both value and collectability. Nothing but a common theif in my eyes.
I completely agree with tjlglass! Removing digits from copyright dates and rivets that look factory original are NOT "restorations" or "repaints" but clearly FAKES! No matter if he himself sells them as reproductions, he is flooding the market with prepro models that can not be distinguished from originals and is hurting the value of every original prepro or other rare colour variation. I can understand that some prepro colours are very attractive and to add such models to display - but then there would be no need to alter the baseplate details to fool anyone in the future.
wtsgmi1970

Post by wtsgmi1970 »

i have a question about the models matchboxtom sells , the no 14 mini ha ha with black engine & a holden with a blue plastic bike ( which sold for over a £100 )
with the easy access to 3d printers can matchbox part's be made in diffirent colours ,
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

wtsgmi1970 wrote:i have a question about the models matchboxtom sells , the no 14 mini ha ha with black engine & a holden with a blue plastic bike ( which sold for over a £100 )
with the easy access to 3d printers can matchbox part's be made in diffirent colours ,
You don't need a 3-D printer. Lots of modelers, restorers and hobbyists have been making their own plastic parts for a long time. A roof, an interior, a window insert, etc. all done by good modelers. Some use vacuum forming, others use resin casting.

The comment that plastic parts cannot be faked is total B.S. and just part of the nonsense smoke screen that this Fraudster is laying down.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Whilst this is very true JP, any one with a good eye should quite easily be able to tell the difference in quality on plastic parts. Most of the fake stuff just don't look or feel right.
fixer

Post by fixer »

tjlglass wrote:All the more reason why he should mark his models. It clears up any question that it's a Nick Special and to be honest if it was my work I would want everyone to know as his models are a work of art in there own right and might become collectable in the future. For me it's like an artist signing his masterpieces.
Tim this is the same conversation I was having at sandown he should mark them and carry on making them as good as he does and they will become collectable in their own write ( Tinman I can see the value of these ;) ;) :D ) just look how chased the factory fake reverse wrecker is
reg
fixer

Post by fixer »

what a coincidence another family member wanted exact copies of the prepros in question :o :o
reg
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Perhaps Numi can put the suggestion forward to him ? I will certainly and I'm sure others will look upon his creations in a different light if they are marked as his own piece of art.