MB SF YELLOW ISO GRIFO (or a fake!)

A place to show your latest finds
davidlet

Re: MB SF YELLOW ISO GRIFO (or a fake!)

Post by davidlet »

motorman wrote:The griffo looks very good my friend......a very very good find,...... as a matter of interest what ebay site was it listed on??

I also must agree with Reg,,,,, the SF#1 Dodge looks like a prepro/colour trial what more can you tell us about it?
Hi Motorman,

I won the Dodge pre pro on Ebay.co.uk in September. The seller assured me the painting was genuine, which I believe it"s true because the seller is well-known among collectors. The model was previously owned by a person who has a large number of Dodge scale-models from many brands... I don't know if it's the same pre that the one whose picture can be viewed on Falk's site - I've posted a pic below with some other orange models ; its color is very very similar to the Orange RW Ford GT.
As for the Yellow Iso Grifo, it was listed on Ebay.fr a little bit more than a week ago at a €6,00 starting price (pic below). I asked for more pictures before bidding, but the following day the seller had withdrawn the model because someone had offered an interesting price for it. I told her that the model was scarce - which she didn't know - and that I was ready to outbid the potential buyer. As the latter had not yet paid for it, I offered to pay a price that was more or less on a par with the estimated value of the car (plus a premium because of its nearly mint condition)... Given its rarity that was just an opportunity not to be missed...

Cheers
David
Attachments
ISO GRIFO CAPT.jpg
ISO GRIFO CAPT.jpg (52.72 KiB) Viewed 527 times
Misc.JPG
Misc.JPG (103.18 KiB) Viewed 527 times
motorman

Post by motorman »

Thanks David, I dread to think what you may have paid for that Iso as i am sure it did not come cheap.

It still looks a great buy IMHO!.......I would love one in my collection!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
davidlet

Post by davidlet »

motorman wrote:Thanks David, I dread to think what you may have paid for that Iso as i am sure it did not come cheap.

It still looks a great buy IMHO!.......I would love one in my collection!
Hi motorman,
Well, as you said, that was not that cheap and I'm sure it would have been much cheaper if the seller had let the auction run its normal course till the end (if only because the auction was only open to French buyers who are not ready to pay much for MB)
To be honest, it costed me 'only' €250.00 ; many people will find it very expensive but I feel certain that the model would have gone through the roof and exceeded that amount of money if it had been put up for auction on Ebay.co.uk or Ebay.com...

Cheers
fixer

Post by fixer »

I think it would have made near to £400 on a more open sale as it's a popular model in a nice colour well done
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

David i my opinion you got it cheap mate. Well done.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
numi

Post by numi »

A nice find & buy indeed David! this is certainly the Japanese color-trial and the price was fair bothways although i too agree that this could fetch much more if it was on Us,Uk Ebay or in any auction house.
Enjoy!
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.