Quiralu : vintage and re-issues

Not British, But were in the EEC now!
Fox

Re: Quiralu : vintage and re-issues

Post by Fox »

To me, there was no DS in the Quiralu 1950 range. Quiralu is now a name used to edit various casts.
But they're nice though. I rencently bought the Porsche and the Mercedes issue for Autoplus magazine. 4,99 € each one.
Corgi-toys ergo sum
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Fox wrote:To me, there was no DS in the Quiralu 1950 range. Quiralu is now a name used to edit various casts.
Ah, that may explain why I had not seen it before!

Ghosthunter.
karl

Post by karl »

Sorry - I should have mentioned that. Those 3 mint Quiralu were from the 1990s (I think). So they are reissues from 20 years ago! Does anyone know when they were made exactly?

did some research and answered my own question: 1994 by Louis Surber SA.
Fox

Post by Fox »

1994 was the Rolls-Royce re-issue year.

But later there were Norev issues. Quiralu story is now a little bit complicated.
Corgi-toys ergo sum
Fox

Post by Fox »

No question with it. This is a 1950's issue.
Brand new condition. I really fell in love with its color.

Corgi-toys ergo sum
kay

Post by kay »

Hi all,

can anyone tell us what the differences are between the original models from the 50's and the more recent ones from the 90's and today? (models and boxes).
How can I tell an unboxed model offered is old or new?

Kay
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Original issues usually have a dark Grey baseplate and tyres that will show age related deteriation.
Re-issues usually have Silvery-Grey baseplates and may not actually have the 'QUIRALU' brand name, tyres will be quite bright and clean. Boxes for re-issues will show the company responsible for re-issuing the model.

Ghosthunter.
Fox

Post by Fox »

Yes ! Bases are dark grey because they were gloss painted giving them a very hard to copy varnish effect.

About tyres, to my opinion, I would say they can still be nice round and smooth because, unlike the Dinky and Corgi ones, they weren't 100% rubber made. They can have turned slightly yellow but old Quiralu have very often tyres you can remove and put on wheels again without any damage. Ok, it doesn't help identifying original models. Bases are for sure the best way to recognize genuine copies.
And Rolls-Royce cast isn't the same as the new are. To me, the simpliest model to identify.
Corgi-toys ergo sum
Fox

Post by Fox »

Though I got some Jag' Simca and Mercedes I especially like the Rolls.

Here are the different variations I was lucky to collect. (All are 1957 or 1958 issues).

This one arrived in early december and isn't pictured above.

The black coat has been sprayed on a red coat at factory. Thing that as yet be seen on Peugeot.

Corgi-toys ergo sum
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Stephane, not seen you here for a while but hope you are OK and sorted out your busy life of recent times.

That is a superb line up of Rolls-Royce by Quiralu and would make any collector very proud to have and as you probably know, models in that condition will be a real investment for you when you pass them on to a future new owner.

Ghosthunter.