Superfast Casting # 18

A new model to be featured every week
Rob

Re: Superfast Casting # 18

Post by Rob »

motorman wrote:
nearlymint wrote:
motorman wrote:Lovely pre production J, makes a lovely change from the black seat you see on most #18's
Thanks Alex, I have always assumed these were production looking at Christians list. Charlie Mack also lists it as a variation as well.
But I must admit you do not see many.
J
I am aware that this is listed in Charlies list as a production model. With so few of them to be seen I wonder though if it ever went on general sale, hence me considering that they are pre pro. Hopefully Rob can provide his thoughts.
Hi AL & Jason

I have an identical model to this with white seat and black handlebars. The chrome handlebars version shown on every box is the early issue with the body tending to have the shorter pivot casting. It would follow therefore that any pre-pro 18b Hondarora would likely have chrome handlebars and the earlier casting although nothing can ever be 100% :)

On the basis of the previous I would say that this model is more likely a rare issue with a colour trial seat, as Jason says same scenario as the 50d Harley Davidson. This is of course my opinion and I welcome other comments but regardless I have seen only a handful of these ever, and the grey seat version is even rarer.
Attachments
18 Hondarora GREY seat.jpg
18 Hondarora GREY seat.jpg (54.87 KiB) Viewed 4793 times
Sir_Matchbox_96

Post by Sir_Matchbox_96 »

Hi!
The handlebars are easy to swap, too. But I share the view that the chromed handlebars are an early run.
All in all a very nice variation with white seat! :)

Linus
SuperFast

Post by SuperFast »

The other one of my favourite MB is the SF 18 Field Car, because it was one of my first MB in the seventies.
Hope you enjoy the fleet like me...
SF18_FieldCarFleet2.jpg
SF18_FieldCarFleet2.jpg (247.62 KiB) Viewed 4579 times
SF18_FieldCarFleet.jpg
SF18_FieldCarFleet.jpg (396.38 KiB) Viewed 4579 times
Sven :)
Infected by Superfast
motorman

Post by motorman »

Lots of field cars Sven and what looks like a nice clean white example, with foiled hubs, now you need to find the black hubbed variation
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"