35b Snow-Trac Pre Pro?

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
Brad Pittiful

Re: 35b Snow-Trac Pre Pro?

Post by Brad Pittiful »

i can see an outline of sorts!
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Mathias, It certainly looks like window outlines on the the model you have shown.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

The window outlines are raised up a bit I think? With Antonin's from earlier in this Post, that now makes two we now have in the Forum member's collections already that show the remains of the filled windows. We will all be looking closely for these every time we see a Snow Trac now. Good Job Mathias and Antonin, this one can now be Nick's Code one until Jason or Numi find one with the two extra windows on the rear next week. :lol: :lol: :lol: kwakers
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Any chance once of our restoration/custom members could knock up a Snow-Trac with three rear windows so we could have some photographs?
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Quite by chance, I stumbled across a photograph showing the filled-in rear windows really well:
Attachments
35b-1.jpg
35b-1.jpg (110.51 KiB) Viewed 5157 times
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

Hugh, very clear and nice photo. Now there is only a trifle, to find the model with the rear windows :lol:
Antonin
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

Excellent photo Hugh, when does your new model arrive,? Or, have you already mailed it to me? LOL kwakers
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Diecast wrote:Hugh, very clear and nice photo. Now there is only a trifle, to find the model with the rear windows :lol:
Antonin
What I hadn’t appreciated from previous photographs is that the two missing windows weren’t rectangular. If you look carefully at the photograph I posted, you can see that there was no top left corner of the left-hand window and no top right corner of the right-hand window, both having been cut back quite severely at an angle to leave a large triangle of metal, presumably in an attempt to strengthen the corner posts and so prevent a (partial) roof collapse during tumbling. (In fact, now that I look at the faint outline again, I’m not even sure that the missing windows had any straight top edge at all.)
If any of these still exist, the best bet is probably somewhere in America, simply because (thanks to Antonin) we have documentary proof that at least one was sent to the Bronner Corporation.
Attachments
35b-2.jpg
35b-2.jpg (30.81 KiB) Viewed 5140 times
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

Hi Hugh
The rear windows by my SNOW TRAC are rather square.
Antonin
Attachments
DSCN5273.JPG
DSCN5273.JPG (100.71 KiB) Viewed 5130 times
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

That’s an excellent photograph, Antonin. I agree that it very clearly shows filled-in rectangular windows which means that my interpretation of the original window shape is either based on an optical illusion or (less likely) just one of the tools was modified in an unsuccessful attempt to save the triple rear window design. If the latter, what that would mean is that, following the filling-in of the rear windows, half the body castings would show shadowy rectangular windows and half shadowy angled windows. However, for that to be the case there would have to have been twin moulds that early in the model’s life. Is that credible, or is it more likely that the design would have been completely finalised before the second tool was cut?
Perhaps it’s time for a quick poll. How many members own a 35b Snow-Trac showing evidence of the filled-in windows rather than with a retooled back and, for those that have one, what shape were the windows?