Lincoln Models.

Not British, But were in the EEC now!
mattrove

Re: Lincoln Models.

Post by mattrove »

Hi Steve

Think the yellow one is repaint based on the green area on the base and the uneven coverage of the yellow.

Matt
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

mattrove wrote:I understand there was also one 1/43 ish Lincoln model, and if this is right I have it in three warn colours. I also have some of the much later racing cars that are NZ made models from Penny dies.
Matt
Lincoln did produce approx 1/43 models but did so under the Torro or Micro Models brand names - they may have made others but I'm not sure... what model have you got? Post a photo and I might be able to confirm its origins...

Ian
mattrove

Post by mattrove »

Got the chance to take some photos of the one larger scale Lincoln toys model. There was an article in Model Collector about this casting.

Sorry could not remember how to get the photos smaller and did try and search for photo tips.
Attachments
029.JPG
029.JPG (696.96 KiB) Viewed 4346 times
024.JPG
024.JPG (836.83 KiB) Viewed 4346 times
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

mattrove wrote:Got the chance to take some photos of the one larger scale Lincoln toys model. There was an article in Model Collector about this casting.

Sorry could not remember how to get the photos smaller and did try and search for photo tips.
Hi - sorry for taking so long to respond - I missed this posting until today... your models are Lincoln as shown by the under-side of the roof. At first glance I had thought they were the RARE Lincoln models produced from the Jordan & Lewis River Series dies (see HERE) but they are not - these may have been produced from dies sourced from either the USA or Australia - they are reminiscent of the larger Tootsietoys or even the Brentware/Brentoy models from Australia and I'm putting my money on the latter rather than the former.

Ian
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Just a slight misspelling Ian...Jordan & Lewden is what you meant to type.

GHOSTHUNTER.
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Just a slight misspelling Ian...Jordan & Lewden is what you meant to type.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Correct Kevin - Goodness knows where my mind was when I did that.... certainly NOT on the job at hand! :lol:

Ian
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Well, I remember you telling me what it is like in your Home when it comes to sorting and photographing some models...pretty hectic, so you are forgiven for not having your mind on the job... :D

Ghosty.
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Well, I remember you telling me what it is like in your Home when it comes to sorting and photographing some models...pretty hectic, so you are forgiven for not having your mind on the job... :D

Ghosty.
I'm trying to organise photography sessions with my daughters right now.... one is in the middle of exams and I thought it might take her mind off things for a wee while ;) ... the other is just finishing University and will be moving home next weekend - and by the sounds of it she's not looking at finding a job until January! :shock:

Ian
matchboxkiwi

Post by matchboxkiwi »

She could cut hair to allow you more time to catalogue your great collection!
Any word on the December 13th swap meet?

Steve
Matchboxkiwi
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

matchboxkiwi wrote:She could cut hair to allow you more time to catalogue your great collection!
Any word on the December 13th swap meet?

Steve
Matchboxkiwi
Yes Steve - its on for sure... I'll email you the poster with the details.

Ian