Tekno lorries from the 50's 60's.

Not British, But were in the EEC now!
starni999

Re: Tekno lorries from the 50's 60's.

Post by starni999 »

Love to see 'em Dave but yove dun summat saft wiv yower Photobucket ay ya?
CW.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

He has either moved them from one album into another (this you should not do!), or he has reached the account's capacity limit...!

Ghosty.
fixer

Post by fixer »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:He has either moved them from one album into another (this you should not do!), or he has reached the account's capacity limit...!

Ghosty.
seems to becoming a common problem !!!!
reg
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Did it meself a few years ago, spent hours splitting all my pix into albums, then went on to find all my photos had disappeared from about 100 forum posts. :shock:
PB works OK for me now I pay a yearly sub, the free version don't work at all. I do worry about it though, ALL my photos are stored there, no backup. Must do something about that soon. The model photos aren't a problem, I've still got em to take more pix, it's all the personal stuff like Birthdays and Christmas's I could never have again if they got zapped. I miss proper film sometimes..... :roll:
Chris Warr.
fixer

Post by fixer »

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3350
They seem to have disappeared from here too, that's 3 members pictures in a week or so
reg
karl

Post by karl »

Got this set just this week - from 2 different countries (DK and USA)! Been looking for 2-3 years and they both turn up!

starni999

Post by starni999 »

Ah you've got to love that set Karl, amazing.
I'm keeping an eye on some original crates and churns too, they do turn up, but they're not cheap!
CW
plys

Post by plys »

karl wrote:The Tekno DODGEs came in three sizes.
The middle size was done by Tekno and Vilmer both - who copied who? No one knows. They are identical except for the name on the baseplate AND ONE EXTRA BRACE ON THE CHASSIS that Tekno added. The photo shows -

Tekno Vilmer Tekno Vilmer Tekno.

Notice the two on the right are different sizes. Tekno made the smallest of the small.
I know it's an old post, but there are some historical errors that should be corrected.
The big DODGE was sold as Dodge / Buick
The Truck was manufactured by a company named "H. langes Legetøj A / S" for Tekno. The truck type is exemplified in the Chevrolet advanced design 1949. The toy truck model is almost "borrowed" from a company called TOBI, which just had the truck as Chevrolet. - TOBI first and Tekno Second.

The Vilmer-Tekno Dodge trucks were never sold as DODGE but only as trucks. The design is also here taken from Chevrolet Advanced design 1949, but this time by Vilmer. The Vilmer trucks were manufactured by the company "H. Langes Legetøj A / S" who also sold the trucks with Tekno name at the bottom --- AND it turned into a lawsuit which Tekno lost. However, Tekno continued with the trucks, where against Vilmer made a new model - 1955 Chevrolet 3500/6400 trucks of modern design. However, Vilmer made a smaller version of the "old" truck as well. Tekno made one that was even smaller.
It was briefly and quickly explained, hoping it makes sense.
plys

Post by plys »

starni999 wrote:Hi all,
My very good friend Ragnar in Sweden has come up trumps again....
I've wanted this Fire Engine since I was a kid in the early 70's, check the lovely tinplate opening panels on the Ford bin lorry too..
I love the wheels on these too, a proper Ford V8 logo cast in....
Chris Warr.
Triangle - is a Danish produced truck. The fire truck is one of those.
The Ford V8 truck was already manufactured in 1940 by Tekno. 1940 - 48 had the model tin wheels. It is a 1938 German Ford V8 truck version. Therefore, it does not have split screen. As a real car, it was assembled in Copenhagen at Ford's factory there.
karl

Post by karl »

Tekno Triangel ladders.jpg
Tekno Triangel ladders.jpg (73.93 KiB) Viewed 6082 times
Those old Triangel fire trucks are lovely. ZR for DK and Fire dept for US/Canada/UK...
Attachments
Tekno Triangel fire 2x.jpg
Tekno Triangel fire 2x.jpg (73.38 KiB) Viewed 6082 times