A warm welcome to the VBD forum

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
Ergomatic

Re: A warm welcome to the VBD forum

Post by Ergomatic »

Hi there,

After a very friendly invitation of Nick, I am arrived. First of all sorry for my English but I hope after reading your comments it will be better and better.
Mostly I am collecting regular wheeled Matchboxes, but I am intresting the early Superfasts too. I have two special loves, the AEC and Leyland trucks with ergomatic cab and the Routemaster buses.
Greetings from Hungary to all collectors all around the world especially to my neighbours Christian and Mike&Nico in Austria
Are here other hungarian people too?

Have a nice day and happy collecting!

Peter
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

I joined this forum a while back, but haven’t been around lately. I’m happy to be returning now that I hopefully have a bit more spare time for such things. Am I allowed a second welcome? :)
zBret

Post by zBret »

Welcome back once again Fred7a
:) zBret
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Fred7A wrote:I joined this forum a while back, but haven’t been around lately. I’m happy to be returning now that I hopefully have a bit more spare time for such things. Am I allowed a second welcome? :)
Its been a bit quiet here lately so we have relaxed the rules and regulations and yes, you can have a second 'Welcome'. I'll set up a committee to handle this and for a small fee they will post you a special second welcome into your 'PM' box, but what I can do for free while I'm here, is to welcome you back onto the forum and have fun.

Ghosty.
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

Of course you are welcome back Fred, We find quite a few forum members drift away during the summer but come back once the cold weather starts.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
Superfast77

Post by Superfast77 »

Hi all,

I have just re-joined. Thanks Nick and gang for allowing me to do so. When the site moved over I seemed to forget about it all as life became rather hectic (perhaps it was something to do with having a child...)

The forum is just brilliant. The knowledge and advice that this site facilitates is truly priceless. The calendar pages each month were a highlight though!

There is just a lack of fairs, forums and access to anything Matchbox in Australia.

Will post some pics of my Superfast collection over the next few months.

Regards
Superfast 77

(aka Aussie Jason)
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Superfast77 wrote:Hi all,

I have just re-joined. Thanks Nick and gang for allowing me to do so. When the site moved over I seemed to forget about it all as life became rather hectic (perhaps it was something to do with having a child...)

The forum is just brilliant. The knowledge and advice that this site facilitates is truly priceless. The calendar pages each month were a highlight though!

There is just a lack of fairs, forums and access to anything Matchbox in Australia.

Will post some pics of my Superfast collection over the next few months.

Regards
Superfast 77

(aka Aussie Jason)
Nice to see you back! Yes, a hectic life and kids often go hand in hand :D
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

Welcome back Jason, So now you have a young child its probably time to move your collection to a higher shelf!.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
Superfast77

Post by Superfast77 »

Nick,

She has no idea and I plan to keep it that way. We wouldn't want those models getting chipped or the boxes ruined. The heart ache and pain of years of collecting being destroyed in seconds!

Planning on a 'men shed' in the future with all my cars displayed, beer on tap and maybe a retro video game or two and a Matchbox calendar hanging on the wall!

Jason
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Superfast77 wrote:Nick,

Planning on a 'men shed' in the future with all my cars displayed, beer on tap and maybe a retro video game or two and a Matchbox calendar hanging on the wall!

Jason
...and when its built, you will post pictures of you inside your own little 'Retro' themed World, Yeh!

oh, and welcome back... :D

Ghosty.