RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Dinky toys by Meccano
RSSierra

Re: RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Post by RSSierra »

The signs, petrol pumps, etc Lot shown above arrived today. Some really great old stuff here. Some with lead in the Zamac mix are starting to blow themselves apart. Overall, I'm Happy.

Now all I need to do is some reasearch to figure out the various manufacturers!

"GR" Pillar Box

Traffic lights in three different direction combinations.

Belisha Beacons

Miscellaneous Signs

I also received today the excellent item below! Thanks Hugh, Getting this from you made my year so far what a great old toy in amazing condition. Thank You!

Dinky Lawn Mower, well engineered and working.

Lastly for this post a couple of Atlas Dinky's:

Dinky Atlas Tri Porteur in Red to add to my yellow version

Mercedes Benz Race Car

Last edited by RSSierra on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Great collection of street and garage furniture. The Dinky Toys 'POLICE' box looks in very good uncracked condition, so presumably a Post-War issue.

Various companies made garage fourcourt items that were sold or marketed by other distributors or wholesalers. 'KAY' usually had this name cast into the surface but so many did not and identifying such items is difficult without a good well illustrated reference library. I do not know of a single book that covers these and I only know of one website dedicated to toy traffic lights, so you have your work cut out for the next few weeks... :D

Ghosthunter.
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

That's a lovely collection of garage equipment, if you've read my 'Crescent' threads you'll know I'm a bit of a fan. Here are my guesses on manufacturer ID. They are guesses rather than absolute fact as there are some pump styles made by John Hill and later Timpo that are very similar to some made by Taylor and Barrett/FG Taylor/Barrett and Sons and I've probably mixed some of them up. I see that you have several Crescent pumps with fatigue (mostly missing globes although one is 'Power' and another is 'Shell')) - I have shown my BP example in the Crescent thread and it too is fatigued - I'm not sure I've ever seen an uncracked one!

Photo 1 - Unknown (poss Crescent), Unknown (poss Crescent), , Crescent, Master Models, Crescent, Crescent
Photo 2 - Crescent, John Hill, Dinky, Taylor and Barrett, John Hill
Photo 3 - Unknown, Crescent, Taylor and Barrett, Taylor and Barrett, Taylor and Barrett
Photo 4 - Crescent, John Hill, FG Taylor, John Hill, Crescent
Photo 5 - The Oil Cabinet is Barrett and Sons (B & S) marking visible under the 'Made In England)
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Dave that lot is amazing. I love lots like that, they remind me of going through boxes of stuff in shops in the 70's.
Wonderful stuff mate.
CW.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Hi Ewan

Thanks for your comments, they give me a good place to start.

I've been watching your Crescent thread with interest.

Congrats on the future arrival too!!

Cheers

Dave
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Just picked up the small lot below, nice clean looking lot with reasonable boxes! more pics to come when they arrive

Last edited by RSSierra on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

A very nice trio there. I particularly like the grey Foden, a nice early issue. Does it have a tow hook?
starni999

Post by starni999 »

You did well there Dave! Three crackers.
The Bedford looks good with black hubs. Result on the boxes too!
When you can have a look at the QC stamps and let me know the dates....always interesting that!
Cheers
CW.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Cheers Chris / Fred

I've just read that the black hub / Yellow 521 Bedford is early production, pre 1949. Is this right. Only one other in the first 10+ pages of google images. I was mainly after the really good condition Early Foden and Guy, but looks like I got lucky on this one too!

Got a gobsmacking email mid morning today from the seller telling me he had already couriered to me, including his bank account details for me to make payment. He's a trusting lad......Looks like I'll be getting a wake up call with the courier knocking on the door in the morning.

These were his dad's, bought new! I love single owner toys....my first single owner lot though.

I will post close up pics and the QC stamp details shortly. Chris, you can then tell me the dates involved if not immediately apparent. I don't have many boxes of this vintage so will be learning.

Dave
Last edited by RSSierra on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi Dave,
Yep the black hubs / yellow model version is a rare one. It's certainly early and it still has the none Supertoy rear hubs. Black hubs were fitted as standard to the red version. Supposedly there are Red wagons with Red hubs, but the only ones I've seen have been repaints.
I've just had a close look at my early 521 box, but it's too far gone to show a QC stamp. Hopefully you'll see something like A349 or 349A which is the inspectors initial and March 1949. It could be as simple as A39 too which doesn't help! They're bloody hard to read too. :D
Look forward to some close up pics, well done mate, result!
CW.