Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Toy fair news

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

YYS4BOB wrote:See you there mate.
OK Bob, will do.

Ghosty.
petethesweet

Post by petethesweet »

Hi All another trip to Sandown, didn't really want to go but one of the dealers had a red Ferrari in a F box for me to look at a bit confusing as he had five, all of them had either chips or paint missing off of the high spots. I managed to pick one that only had two chips, front bonnet 7 back wheel arch. To my horror when i got it home the front hubcap had been over spun can't make up my mind whether i want to keep it or send it back, i will have to drink on it tonight. Also picked up metallic blue Mercedes in a F 2 box & no 21 Renault silver base tan interior & no 1 Dodge orange & blue, silver base.The place was full with early birds. Lots of new traders i hadn't seen before. We came out early to try & avoid the traffic , the M25 & M40 was at a stand still, took us over three hours to get home Pete.
fixer

Post by fixer »

Nice to see some of you yesterday...my first proper outing since my foot op
Turned out to be a good day
Attachments
20180526_170853-800x407.jpg
20180526_170853-800x407.jpg (115.48 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
reg
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Good to see you out and about again Reg. Certainly was an impressive haul.
Bob
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

It was nice to see you again Reg and well done on those Lone-Star models. Thanks for showing me the Corvair and Dodge Phoenix from the 'Roadmasters' range without the hyphen and forum member Stephen K said you had a Red MG from him which is from the 'Road-Masters' range with hyphen.

The star buy for me is probably the lovely metallic blue Phoenix as not many of these turn up in such fine condition in fact any condition. I don't remember the last one I saw anyehere!

The veteran Daimler (confusingly also from the 'Road-Masters' range), is a hard to find model in good condition with both passengers as well and on looking at yours yesterday, it shows very little distortion due to the plastics used and it's age, a great addition to your collection.

The red Land Rover will be looking for a 4 wheeled trailer as they were sold together. I am not aware of the Land Rover being catalogued as a seperate model.

What are the trailers Reg, are they Tuff-Totts, if so you will need a Jeep to go with them.

Ghosthunter.
fixer

Post by fixer »

Yes the red mg is from Stephen and I've been looking at for ages, he gave me a come get me price so it had to come home
The Daimler is very nice and although a listed colour combination I can only find pictures of these in black with cream/tan bases along with 1 silver body the lady appears correct but the male is not the correct driver, possibly another passenger from another model, as he is of the same type of construction
Trailers are pre pro seafire trailers from Tim the wheels are an addition by myself using matchbox wheels with "easy fit" code 3 axles giving a nice tight but easy removable fitting
Yes I'm sure the landy is from the 2 pack as it has the building supply label present on the other side, the tilt is added from another one I found at rayliegh last weekend and I have not seen one in a 2 pack before so maybe there is a single package somewhere .....pity it's not the RAC one
reg
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Brentwood toy fair this coming Saturday 30th. I may be in a position to go to this.

Ghosthunter.
jsherwood

Post by jsherwood »

Anybody going to Sandown on Saturday (15th)? - I'm going and may bring a few recent finds with me if anyone's interested.

Cheers
John
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

I'll be there.
Bob
petethesweet

Post by petethesweet »

Hi All,did anybody go to Sandown, did anybody pick anything up, were there many people there.Pete